Patient Comments: Cellulitis - Infection

Please describe your experience with a cellulitis infection.

Comment from: C.M., 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I had facial cellulitis and was admitted to the hospital. My symptoms were on my forehead: redness, swelling, tenderness, and very swollen glands. They immediately put me onto an IV and gave me antibiotics. I was given a CT scan of the brain, as this could have spread to it. Also lung X-rays. I received lots of blood work, and a blood culture. I have never had anything like this before. I am now at home and taking oral antibiotics. Slowly, the redness and swelling are going away. Now I have intense itching.

Comment from: Teacher2012, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 27

While I was at work, I noticed my left foot felt tight. I dismissed it. On Saturday, I woke up with a swollen foot. I could not put my foot on the floor to walk. All day Saturday and Sunday I put hot and cold on the foot: to no avail. On Monday, I was going to wrap the foot and go to work. I am a teacher, so I walk the halls all day from class to class. My husband ended up taking me to urgent care. The doctor told me I have cellulitis. I was given an injection and medication. He told me to stay home for three days. After six days, my foot is better, but I still have a small, sore spot. Hopefully, I'll get better.

Comment from: kaliraja, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

In 2009 I went into ER with red swollen painful leg and was told I had cellulitis. They put me on IV (strong antibiotics) and sent me home with 3 bottles of different antibiotics. Two months later I went into the hospital admitted by my doctor immediately with breathing problems. Have a lung disease not called Obliterative Bronchiolitis. Reaction to antibiotics damaged my lungs permanently. Now I am on CellCept for lungs but it has lowered my immune system. I've been on CellCept for about 4 months now. Got cellulitis several weeks ago, treated with antibiotics. Now I have it again on different part of my leg.

Cellulitis - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of cellulitis can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your initial symptoms?
Cellulitis - Treatments Question: What was your treatment for cellulitis?
Cellulitis - Causes Question: What was the cause of your cellulitis?