Table of Contents
- Cellulitis facts
- What is cellulitis?
- What are cellulitis symptoms and signs?
- Where does cellulitis occur?
- What does cellulitis look like?
- What are cellulitis risk factors?
- What causes cellulitis? Is cellulitis contagious?
- What types of doctors treat cellulitis?
- How is cellulitis diagnosed, and what is the treatment for cellulitis?
- Can cellulitis be prevented?
- What is the outlook/prognosis for cellulitis? What are complications of cellulitis?
Quick GuideBacterial Infections 101: Types, Symptoms, and Treatments
What does cellulitis look like?
Other forms of noninfectious inflammation may mimic cellulitis. People with poor circulation in the legs, for instance, often develop scaly redness on the shins and ankles; this is called "stasis dermatitis" and is often mistaken for the bacterial infection of cellulitis.
Herchline, Thomas E. "Cellulitis." Medscape.com. Aug. 19, 2015. <http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/214222-overview>.
7.CDC - Janice Carr