Table of Contents
- Cellulitis facts
- What is cellulitis?
- What are cellulitis symptoms and signs?
- Where does cellulitis occur?
- What does cellulitis look like?
- What are cellulitis risk factors?
- What causes cellulitis? Is cellulitis contagious?
- What types of doctors treat cellulitis?
- How is cellulitis diagnosed, and what is the treatment for cellulitis?
- Can cellulitis be prevented?
- What is the outlook/prognosis for cellulitis? What are complications of cellulitis?
Quick GuideBacterial Infections 101: Types, Symptoms, and Treatments
What are cellulitis symptoms and signs?
Cellulitis has characteristic symptoms and signs. It usually begins as a small area of tenderness, swelling, and redness that spreads to adjacent skin. The involved skin may feel warm to the touch. As this red area begins to enlarge, the affected person may develop a
Herchline, Thomas E. "Cellulitis." Medscape.com. Aug. 19, 2015. <http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/214222-overview>.
5. Rafael Lopez
6. iStock, Medscape
7. CDC - Janice Carr
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Newsletters
Get the latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!