Patient Comments: Cellulitis - Causes

Question:What was the cause of your cellulitis?

Comment from: Cherbears, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 16

I fell through a wooden window seat kneeling on it and it punctured right through my jeans. After a few days leg started getting red and swollen and pink. Went to Dr. who said I had cellulitis then gave me Keflex the antibiotic and had an x-ray to make sure the infection didn't go in the bone Osteomyelitis. My leg is still sore and swollen but not red so maybe the Dr. will give me antibiotics again tomorrow. I think it would have healed faster with IV antibiotics.

Comment from: chris, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 22

I worked in the backyard for 3 days, removing plants, potting some of them, got a few scratches on my arms and a bite from an insect, not sure if spider or mosquito. Developed persistent headache and fatigue for 2 days. 3rd day felt painful bump in back of my skull , like a cyst. Next day woke up and had swollen and painful area in front of left ear (pain opening my mouth), on left temple and half of forehead red and swollen, it is now spreading all over my forehead. Diagnosed with cellulitis and put on heavy antibiotics, no hospital yet (this is my 2nd day on antibiotics...). Also had fever over 101F,.

Comment from: jeanette, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 18

I recently had cellulitis of the nose, which I thought very unusual. I lasted approx 7 days with 5 of those in hospital with IV antibiotics. It started off with a sore spot on the top of my nose and then spread to the rest of the nose within 12 hrs, overnight. The next day my right eye was swollen and day after that the left eye. I looked like I had been in the boxing ring.

Comment from: prbyb, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 14

I caught cellulitis from dirt on my face. I got it twice. Once from touching my face and another from sleeping on a dirty pillow.

Cellulitis - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of cellulitis can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your initial symptoms?
Cellulitis - Treatments Question: What was your treatment for cellulitis?
Cellulitis - Infection Question: Please describe your experience with a cellulitis infection.