- Cellulite Slideshow Pictures
- Weight Gain Shockers Slideshow Pictures
- Ways to Get Ready for Swimsuit Season Slideshow
- Patient Comments: Cellulite - Treatments and Therapy
- Find a local Dermatologist in your town
Quick GuideCellulite Pictures Slideshow: Causes, Myths and Treatments
How about liposuction?
Liposuction is also not a recommended treatment. This technique of extracting fat by vacuuming it from under the skin is not effective for cellulite. In fact, liposuction may worsen the appearance of the skin by sucking out the cushion of fat that resides just under the skin. The result is additional dimpling of the skin.
How to get rid of cellulite.
- Eating a healthy diet and keeping muscles toned by regular exercise seem like reasonable approaches to keeping the body as taut and smooth as it can be.
- Patients should be very cautious before trying out surgical procedures, dietary supplements, or elaborate techniques of unproven value.
- While the FDA has approved massage and combined laser/massage therapies, it is important to remember that these costly and time-consuming treatments are approved only for the temporary decrease in the appearance of cellulite and require ongoing treatments to maintain any effect.
Medically reviewed by Norman Levine, MD; American Board of Dermatology
National Institutes of Health