- Celiac Disease Slideshow
- Gluten-Free Diet Slideshow Pictures
- Take the Celiac Disease Quiz
- Celiac Disease (Celiac Sprue) FAQs
- What is a gluten-free diet?
- Who needs to follow a gluten-free diet?
- Celiac disease
- Dermatitis herpetiformis
- Gluten ataxia
- Wheat allergy
- Non-celiac gluten sensitivity (NCGS)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- What are the difficulties with following a gluten-free diet?
- What foods do you avoid on a gluten-free diet?
- Foods that are unsafe to eat
- What foods can you consume on a gluten-free diet?
- Foods that are safe to eat
- What are resources for a gluten-free diet?
Quick GuideGluten-Free Diet Pictures Slideshow
What are resources for a gluten-free diet?
Support and Information
Medically reviewed by Joseph Palermo, DO, American Osteopathic Board Certified Internal Medicine
Aziz I. Does gluten sensitivity in the absence of coeliac disease exist? BMJ. Nov 2012;vol 30;pp 1-4.
Biesiekierski JR. Gluten causes gastrointestinal symptoms in subjects without celiac disease: a double-blind randomized placebo-controlled trial. Am J Gastroentero, 2011; vol 106: pp 508-514.
Di Sabatino A. Nonceliac gluten sensitivity: sense or sensibility? Ann Intern Med, Feb 2012;vol 156(4):pp 309-11.
Hadjivassiliou M. Gluten ataxia. Cerebellum, 2008;vol 7(3):pp 494-8.
Harper JW. Anemia in celiac disease is multifactorial in etiology. Am J Hematol, Nov 2007;vol 82(11):pp 996-1000.
Kupper C. Dietary guidelines and implementation for celiac disease. Gastroenterology, Apr 2005;vol 128(4 Suppl 1):pp 121-127.
Mulder CJ. Gluten-free diet in gluten-related disorders. Digestive Diseases. 2013;vol 31(1):pp 57-62.
Nakajima K. Recent advances in dermatitis herpetiformis. Clin Dev Immunol. Jul 2012; pp 1-5.
Pietzak M. Celiac disease, wheat allergy, and gluten sensitivity: when gluten free is not a fad. J Parenter Enteral Nutr. Jan 2012;vol 36(1 Suppl):pp 68S-75S.
Sapone A. Spectrum of gluten-related disorders: consensus on new nomenclature and classification. BMC Med, Feb 2012;vol 10:13;pp 1-12.
Thomson T. Oats and the gluten-free diet. J Am Diet Assoc, Mar 2003;vol 103(3):pp 376-379.
MedlinePlus. Food Allergy.