Celiac Disease: Gluten Free Diet Index
Featured: Gluten Free Diet Main Article
People with conditions such as celiac disease. IBS, wheat allergy, dermatitis herpetiformis, gluten ataxia, and non-celiac gluten sensitivity (NCGS) are required to eat a gluten-free diet. Gluten is found in rye, barley, and wheat. Some medications contain gluten, so careful monitoring of products consumed is imperative. Individuals with celiac disease are also at risk for developing nutritional deficiencies. The information in this article contains both foods that contain gluten, and foods that do not contain gluten.
Muscle cramps are involuntarily and forcibly contracted muscles that do not relax. Extremely common, any muscles that have...learn more »
Diarrhea is a change is the frequency and looseness of bowel movements. Symptoms associated with diarrhea are cramping, abdominal...learn more »
In This Article
- Diarrhea facts
- What is diarrhea?
- What is the definition of diarrhea?
- What symptoms are associated with diarrhea?
- What are common causes of acute diarrhea?
- Traveler's diarrhea
- Viral gastroenteritis
- Bacterial enterocolitis
- Food poisoning
- What are common causes of chronic diarrhea?
- What kind of a doctor treats diarrhea?
- When should the doctor be called for diarrhea?
- How is the cause of diarrhea diagnosed?
- What home remedies help the symptoms of diarrhea?
- What medications are used to treat diarrhea?
- When should antibiotics be used for diarrhea?
- What are the complications of diarrhea?
- How can dehydration be prevented and treated?
- What about treatment of diarrhea in infants and young children?
- What about treating diarrhea in older children and adults?
Constipation is defined medically as fewer than three stools per week and severe constipation as less than one stool per week....learn more »
Anemia is the condition of having less than the normal number of red blood cells or less than the normal quantity of hemoglobin...learn more »
In This Article
Intestinal Gas (Belching, Bloating, Flatulence) Article
- Intestinal gas facts
- What causes belching (burping)?
- What causes bloating?
- What causes flatulence (gas)?
- What are the causes of intermittent abdominal bloating/distention?
- How are belching, bloating/distention, and flatulence evaluated?
- What is the treatment for intestinal gas?
- What's new in intestinal gas?