Cefuroxime (Ceftin, Zinacef) is an antibiotic prescribed for the treatment of infections of the middle ear, tonsils, throat, laryngitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, UTIs, gonorrhea, and COPD. Side effects, drug interactions, dosing, and pregnancy safety should be reviewed prior to taking this medication.
In This Article
Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) Article
- What is a urinary tract infection (UTI)?
- What causes a urinary tract infection?
- Are urinary tract infections contagious?
- What are urinary tract infection symptoms and signs?
- When should people seek medical care for a UTI?
- How do physicians diagnose a urinary tract infection?
- What kinds of doctors treat urinary tract infections?
- Are there home remedies for a urinary tract infection?
- What is the treatment for a urinary tract infection?
- What follow-up is needed for a urinary tract infection?
- Is it possible to prevent a urinary tract infection?
- What is the prognosis of a urinary tract infection?
Laryngitis is an inflammation of the voice box (vocal cords). The most common cause of acute laryngitis is infection, which...learn more »
Bronchitis is inflammation of the airways in the lung. Acute bronchitis is is short in duration (10 to 20 days) in comparison...learn more »
Lyme disease is a bacterial illness, which is spread by ticks when they bite the skin. Initially the disease affects the skin...learn more »
It is thought that the tonsils and adenoids assist the body in fighting incoming bacteria and viruses by helping the body form...learn more »
In This Article
- Tonsillitis and adenoid infection facts
- What are the tonsils and adenoids?
- What is the purpose of the tonsils and adenoids?
- What are the symptoms of tonsillitis or an adenoid infection?
- What does tonsillitis look like?
- Can someone catch tonsillitis from another person?
- What are common problems affecting the tonsils and adenoids?
- How are tonsillitis and adenoid infection diagnosed?
- How are tonsillitis and adenoid infection treated?
- What home remedies help soothe tonsillitis?
- When should the tonsils and/or adenoids be removed?
Strep throat (Group A, beta hemolytic, streptococcus pyogene, GAS) bacterial infection of the throat. Signs and symptoms of strep...learn more »