- Bacterial Infections 101 Pictures Slideshow
- Take the Tummy Trouble Quiz
- Hepatitis C Slideshow Pictures
- What brand names are available for cefprozil?
- Is cefprozil available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for cefprozil?
- What are the uses for cefprozil?
- What are the side effects of cefprozil?
- What is the dosage for cefprozil?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with cefprozil?
- Is cefprozil safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about cefprozil?
What brand names are available for cefprozil?
Is cefprozil available as a generic drug?
GENERIC AVAILABLE: Yes
Do I need a prescription for cefprozil?
What are the uses for cefprozil?
Cefprozil is effective against susceptible bacteria causing infections of:
- the middle ear,
- tonsils (tonsillitis),
- throat (pharyngitis),
- larynx (laryngitis),
- bronchi (bronchitis),
- skin and soft tissues, and
- lungs (pneumonia).
What are the side effects of cefprozil?
Cefprozil is generally well tolerated. The most common side effects are:
Rare side effects include abnormal liver tests and allergic reactions. Like most antibiotics cefprozil may cause a condition called pseudomembranous colitis, a potentially serious bacterial infection of the colon. Persons with phenylketonuria should be advised that the suspension contains phenylalanine.
Quick GuideSymptoms of Mono: Infectious Mononucleosis Treatment
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.