Cefdinir, (Omnicef Discontinued) is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections such as strep throat, E. coli, staph infections, streptococcus infections, middle ear infections, tonsillitis, bronchitis, and pneumonia. Drug interactions include antacids that contain aluminum, magnesium, and iron supplements. The most common side effects include diarrhea, abdominal pain, vomiting, rash, headache, and nausea.
What happens within the body when a person develops bronchitis? Take this quick quiz to learn the causes, symptoms, treatments,...learn more »
Bronchitis is inflammation of the airways in the lung. Acute bronchitis is is short in duration (10 to 20 days) in comparison...learn more »
Group B Strep
Group B strep are bacteria called Streptococcus agalactiae that may sometimes cause infections both in a pregnant woman and her...learn more »
In This Article
Group B Strep Article
- Group B strep facts
- What is group B strep?
- What causes group B strep infection?
- How is group B strep transmitted?
- What are group B strep infection symptoms and signs?
- How is group B strep infection diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for group B strep?
- What types of doctors treat group B strep infections?
- What are the complications of group B strep infection?
- What is the prognosis of a group B strep infection?
- Is it possible to prevent group B strep infection?
It is thought that the tonsils and adenoids assist the body in fighting incoming bacteria and viruses by helping the body form...learn more »
In This Article
- Tonsillitis and adenoid infection facts
- What are the tonsils and adenoids?
- What is the purpose of the tonsils and adenoids?
- What are the symptoms of tonsillitis or an adenoid infection?
- What does tonsillitis look like?
- Can someone catch tonsillitis from another person?
- What are common problems affecting the tonsils and adenoids?
- How are tonsillitis and adenoid infection diagnosed?
- How are tonsillitis and adenoid infection treated?
- What home remedies help soothe tonsillitis?
- When should the tonsils and/or adenoids be removed?
Strep throat (Group A, beta hemolytic, streptococcus pyogene, GAS) bacterial infection of the throat. Signs and symptoms of strep...learn more »
Pneumonia is inflammation of the lungs caused by fungi, bacteria, or viruses. Symptoms and signs include cough, fever, shortness...learn more »