- Bacterial Infections 101 Pictures Slideshow
- Take the Tummy Trouble Quiz
- Hepatitis C Slideshow Pictures
- What is cefdinir?
- What brand names are available for cefdinir?
- Is cefdinir available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for cefdinir?
- What are the uses for cedinir?
- What are the side effects of cefdinir?
- What is the dosage for cefdinir?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with cefdinir?
- Is cefdinir safe to use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about cefdinir?
What is cefdinir?
Cefdinir is a semi-synthetic (partially man-made) oral antibiotic in the cephalosporin family of antibiotics. The cephalosporin family includes:
- cephalexin (Keflex)
- cefaclor (Ceclor)
- cefuroxime (Zinacef)
- cefpodoxime (Vantin)
- cefixime (Suprax), cefprozil (Cefzil)
- Many injectable antibiotics
What brand names are available for cefdinir?
Omnicef brand has been discontinued and there are no other brand names available for cefdinir available in the US
Quick GuideSymptoms of Mono: Infectious Mononucleosis Treatment
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.