Table of Contents
- What Is Chest Pain?
- What Causes Chest Pain?
- Heart-Related (Cardiac) Causes of Chest Pain
- Gastrointestinal (GI) Causes of Chest Pain
- Lung-Related (Pulmonary) Causes of Chest
- Muscle or Nerve Disorders That Cause Chest Pain
- Bone Problems That Cause Chest Pain
- Psychological Causes of Chest Pain
- Other Potential Causes of Chest Pain
- When to See a Doctor for Chest Pain
- Chest Pain in Women
- When Is Chest Pain a Medical Emergency?
What Is Chest Pain?
- Tearing (or ripping)
- Palpitations (uneasiness or discomfort in chest because of a rapid heartbeat)
Medscape: “Myocardial Infarction Differential Diagnosis”
Medscape: “Angina Pectoris in Emergency Medicine Workup”
American Heart Association: “Heart Attack Symptoms in Women”