Patient Comments: Cauda Equina Syndrome - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your cauda equina syndrome?

Comment from: baboosh44, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 06

I have a bulging disc at L4, L5 and S1. I had it for about three weeks when my doctor sent me for an MRI and EMG. I'm really scared because I feel like something has gone totally wrong in my body. I can hardly bend my waist a certain way without excruciating pain. The same thing is happening with my hips and leg. I can't walk on my right foot at all and my left foot is shaking. To get up to go to the rest room is all I can do. I go this week for an epidural spinal pain shot and am scared that if something else is going on, we won't see it.

Cauda Equina Syndrome - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with cauda equina syndrome.
Cauda Equina Syndrome - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your cauda equina syndrome?
Caud Equina - Causes Question: If known, what was the cause of your cauda equina?