Patient Comments: Cataracts - Experience

How old were you when cataracts were discovered? Please describe your experience.

Comment from: nisha, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 09

I was 10 years old when I was diagnosed with congenital cataracts in both of my eyes. The doctor told me that it is in the center of my eyes so there was no need to operate it and he prescribed me glasses. Now I'm 31 years old and my vision is getting blurred. I don't want to operate my eyes because of my 2 year old kid.

Comment from: James, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: August 28

Between the age 8 and 9, I was diagnosed with cataracts on both eyes. I am now 28 years old and have cataracts on both eyes. The doctor said the cataracts are growing in both eyes but there is no need to operate. He has prescribed glasses.

Cataracts - Symptoms Question: Did you have any symptoms of cataracts, or were they diagnosed during an eye exam? Please share your experience.
Cataracts - Treatments Question: What kinds of treatment or surgery did you have for your cataracts?
Cataracts - Surgery Question: What type of surgery did you have for cataracts? Please describe the procedure.
Cataracts - Complications Question: Did you or someone you know have a complication with a cataract or surgery? Please discuss the experience.