Patient Comments: Cataract Surgery - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your Cataract Surgery experience.

Comment from: Ypalos, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 12

I had cataract surgery on 3/17/16. Two days later my vision was 20/100. Today it is 20/400 plus the doctor said that now I have developed AMD (age-related macular degeneration). This is my left eye. I cannot see with my right eye.

Comment from: Amethystia, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

I had cataract surgery on my left on 2/16/16, and my right on 3/1/16. My left has healed amazingly. No pain, procedure was about 10 minutes (minus the time for the drops to dilate). I was in and out in about 35 min for both eyes. My right was 23 days ago. I have just noticed 2 or 3 floaters in my right. I will go in to see the doctor on Monday just to be sure and to check the retina. I am not worried at this point. An added advantage was that my glasses (distance) before the cataracts work perfectly with my 'new eyes'. I have had a great experience.

Comment from: Grannyhmmr, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 23

My cataract surgery went very well, but my vision is horrible. It has been 2 months for the left eye and 6 weeks for the right. My glasses from before the surgery are no longer usable and my new prescription barely helps. I wish I had never had procedures done!

Comment from: Ruby S., 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

I never had any cataract surgery. But, last year my grandpa had cataract surgery treatment on both his eyes. After having surgery, his vision has improved, he can now see clearly and he is happy with the surgery.

Comment from: Me Me, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 16

My cataract surgery was uneventful but my vision is horrible. My eyes feel strained all the time. I was told I would no longer need glasses. Funny thing is, the ones I was wearing before the surgery work just fine after the surgery. I'm still on eye drops almost 3 months later and even was put on oral steroids. I'm so sorry I had the surgery done. The only change is the pain.

Comment from: Alice, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 28

I was suffering from loss vision due to cataract in my eye and I got surgery from a very experienced doctor. It was not a long process.

Comment from: Mareena, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 01

I am going to have Lasik surgery for cataract.

Comment from: New Patient, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 26

I had cataract surgery in July 2015 on both eyes and could see very clearly immediately after. And in November my vision started to get awful. I went back to the surgeon and found out my retina was swollen. Four different eye drops later, a shot in my eyes and a prescription for anti-inflammatory medicine and I still have vision problems. I hate I ever had the surgery.

Comment from: Jennifer54, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 20

I recently had my right eye operated on with cataract surgery, following my left eye exactly one year ago. I was initially very happy with the results of my left eye, and thought the right eye was as successful. But, after being examined by my optometrist, it was shown to me how lopsided my vision was. I also had (and still do) silver arcs or sometimes full circumferences appearing in my right eye, plus dry and itchy eyes. My surgeon was arrogant, belittling me. I figure that there is a clause in the operation contract protecting the doctor. I hope that these symptoms settle with time.

Cataract Surgery - Side effects Question: How has cataract surgery affected your vision?