Patient Comments: Cataract Surgery - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your Cataract Surgery experience.

Comment from: Peggy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

I have been in good health, taking no medication, was near-sighted, and had no other eye problems. I had cataract surgery on the left eye 6 weeks ago. I was not given any information about lens, and didn't know what questions to ask, just expected that my vision would be like it was before the cataracts. That has not happened. Everything is still blurry with that eye, it doesn't focus well either near or far. I have to cover it when reading. The right eye still has a cataract, but it sees much better than the left one. I don't think I want to have the right eye done. The doctor says I'm doing fine, that it will just take time, but it seems like forever already. And I'm really tired all the time.

Comment from: francis, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: May 06

I have multi focal lens implant after cataract surgery. I have macular degeneration and get shots in both eyes. When I wake up I have a blood film as I look down for about 5 minutes. I am 85. My vision is 20/30 in both eyes.

Comment from: Ypalos, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 12

I had cataract surgery on 3/17/16. Two days later my vision was 20/100. Today it is 20/400 plus the doctor said that now I have developed AMD (age-related macular degeneration). This is my left eye. I cannot see with my right eye.

Comment from: Amethystia, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

I had cataract surgery on my left on 2/16/16, and my right on 3/1/16. My left has healed amazingly. No pain, procedure was about 10 minutes (minus the time for the drops to dilate). I was in and out in about 35 min for both eyes. My right was 23 days ago. I have just noticed 2 or 3 floaters in my right. I will go in to see the doctor on Monday just to be sure and to check the retina. I am not worried at this point. An added advantage was that my glasses (distance) before the cataracts work perfectly with my 'new eyes'. I have had a great experience.

Comment from: Grannyhmmr, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 23

My cataract surgery went very well, but my vision is horrible. It has been 2 months for the left eye and 6 weeks for the right. My glasses from before the surgery are no longer usable and my new prescription barely helps. I wish I had never had procedures done!

Comment from: Alice, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 28

I was suffering from loss vision due to cataract in my eye and I got surgery from a very experienced doctor. It was not a long process.

Comment from: Ruby S., 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

I never had any cataract surgery. But, last year my grandpa had cataract surgery treatment on both his eyes. After having surgery, his vision has improved, he can now see clearly and he is happy with the surgery.

Comment from: Me Me, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 16

My cataract surgery was uneventful but my vision is horrible. My eyes feel strained all the time. I was told I would no longer need glasses. Funny thing is, the ones I was wearing before the surgery work just fine after the surgery. I'm still on eye drops almost 3 months later and even was put on oral steroids. I'm so sorry I had the surgery done. The only change is the pain.

Cataract Surgery - Side effects Question: How has cataract surgery affected your vision?