Patient Comments: Cat Scratch Disease - Experience

Please describe your experience with cat scratch disease.

Comment from: catbitten, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I showed none of the typical symptoms of cat scratch disease like swollen lymph, fatigue, fever, etc. However I did get these extremely itchy rashes, exanthem I"m told, all over my body. I have had no prior history of any kind of allergies whatsoever.

Comment from: kitty, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I was diagnosed with cat scratch fever through blood work. I had very painful enlarged lymph nodes under the arm a couple of weeks after the kitten scratched my arm. The first sign was a sore on my upper arm. Eight years later these nodes still cause tenderness.

Cat Scratch Disease - Reducing Risk Question: In what ways do you try to prevent your cats from scratching people?