Patient Comments: CT Scan - Helped With Your Diagnosis

Please describe how a CT Scan has helped in your diagnosis.

Comment from: Cheryle, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 12

I have had ear problem with my left ear for 3 years. I went to an ENT doctor for the problem. I have had a CT Scan and it shows I have arthritis in that ear. I have lost 81 percent of hearing in that ear. When I went the, doctor scraped out pieces of hard matter like rock. At times there is an odor from the ear. I have been taking Reclast infusion for 4 years. My bone density is at the bottom of the chart. Several weeks now the left side of my face, including the ear, is numb. I feel like my head in down in a well. I am searching for an ENT specialist. I need help.

Comment from: kelly, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I have had abdominal pain for 11 years, and 10 years ago I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis after a CT scan. This week I had my appendix removed and no longer have abdominal pain. The foods I could not eat before because of flares, I can eat again. No bloody stool, no pus, no pain. After surgery, no pain medication needed! I am feeling great! Felt deathly ill for 10 years, now it's better.

Comment from: Mae, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

After having blood in urine one time, I mentioned it to my doctor and took some medications for infection but minute particles of blood were still there. I didn"t have insurance so I had to pay out of pocket for colonoscopy, endoscopy, and two pints of blood. My hemoglobin was 6 and I was coughing and lost 70 lbs in a year. A CT scan showed I had cancer in my right kidney, adrenal glands, lymph nodes and lungs. A kidney biopsy confirmed I had an aggressive stage 4 kidney (renal cell) cancer. While my cancer is incurable, it is treatable with targeted therapy (daily pills for four weeks, two weeks off). I get a CT scan every three months and so far, my tumors are shrinking. When these pills no longer work, they will try others. My first doctor told me I would live 2 months to a year. Second opinion gave me the same medications but said I could die of something else before the cancer will kill me. I switched doctors!

Comment from: meowmix, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

In December, I was in the hospital diagnosed with gastroenteritis but came back as inpatient within a day of discharge. I drank contrast and had a CT scan which showed that I had an intestinal blockage. The CT scan should have been done the first time but I'm on the road to recovery.

Comment from: joan, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 05

I went to the urgent-care center for acute pain in my left side. They did blood work and a urinalysis, thinking it was a kidney infection. The urine came back normal, but blood work showed a definite infection. They sent me to the hospital, where I had more blood work, another urinalysis, and a CT scan. The results of the CT scan showed that I had an infection in my colon. I was not admitted because I wasn't throwing up, nor did I have diarrhea. I was put on two antibiotics and missed three days of work, but I got well. Thank goodness for the CT scan.

CT Scan (Computerized Axial Tomography) - Causes Question: What caused you to get a CT scan?
CT Scan - Experience Question: For someone who has never had a CT scan, please describe what the experience is like.