Patient Comments: CT Scan - Helped With Your Diagnosis

Please describe how a CT Scan has helped in your diagnosis.

Comment from: 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 01

I was starting to lose weight. I went from a healthy 165 to a mere 118 lbs before deciding to see a Doctor I was diagnosed in January with non small cell cancer in my upper left lung. I went thru 10 months of chemo and radiation treatments. I've had numerous x rays, cat scans and pet scans since then. So far there has been no change to the mass which shrank from 11 1/2 centimeters to 5 1/2 centimeters. I was referred to a surgeon whom recommended that I have it removed surgically, but I declined. It has been 4 1/2 years since I've had anymore treatments, but I continue to have cat scans to keep an eye on the mass.

Comment from: Diane, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 25

I previously had a CT scan done because I was having abdominal pain. The CT scan showed that I possibly have a neoplasm in the urinary bladder. Also, it showed that I have a dropped clip from my cholecystectomy. And in the right, mid-abdomen, there is a small cluster of mildly dilated small bowl loops. I have to wonder how accurate the CT scan is. I had a cystoscope performed for the bladder that revealed no neoplasm. I am waiting on the results from the bowel X-ray study I just had performed.

Published: July 22

A CT scan showed that I had a 70% blockage in one of my arteries plus soft plaque in my arteries. The doctor immediately put me on Zocor and added another blood pressure medicine to slow my heart rate.

Published: June 30

A CT scan found my lung cancer, and one year later it found gallbladder stones. Just recently it found a nodule on my thyroid.

CT Scan (Computerized Axial Tomography) - Causes Question: What caused you to get a CT scan?
CT Scan - Experience Question: For someone who has never had a CT scan, please describe what the experience is like.