Patient Comments: Carpal or Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome - Symptoms and Signs

What are your carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms and signs?

Comment from: Pistonspapa1, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 16

About 3 years ago I had these symptoms in my right hand/arm. I finally went to the doctor and was diagnosed with carpel tunnel. Was given a brace to wear at night and it finally went away. Now it's in the left hand/arm. I have worn a brace for like 3 months and it's still here. It goes from the neck, across the shoulder blade, down my bicep, my forearm and hand. Surgery is a last resort because I know way too many people that had it and it didn't help or made it worse.

Comment from: OLIVE, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 24

Because of carpal tunnel syndrome my fingers feel numb with pins and needles. I keep dropping things and am in a lot of pain.

Comment from: Bill, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 03

I have been to two MD practitioners, 1 naturalist for this pain in my hand and fingers. I had great difficulty sleeping getting about 1 to 2 hours sleep after getting to a stage each evening of exhaustion. I am amazed that nothing was offered for the pain and the cause of this exhaustion. I came on here and found isobrufen can relieve the pain symptoms thus stop the exhaustion. I run my own business which includes a lot of driving and was dropping off at the wheel driving. Not one of the practitioners seemed to care about the lack of sleep caused by this rotten thing called carpal tunnel.

Comment from: Esme D, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: April 20

I have been diagnoised with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Apart from pain, numbness and tingling in the left hand, I have noticed that the finger tips of my left hand have turned blue.

Comment from: pandasue, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 22

Six years ago I was diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, underwent physical therapy and received a wrist brace for sleeping. I continue to do the exercises I've learned and use the brace with much success. I do need ibuprofen a few times a week. But I have not had to have surgery and continue to work full time. I am glad I had PT and kept up the exercises.

Comment from: cr, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 24

My hands hurt all the time but they are worse in the morning. The first 3 fingers swell in the morning. I can't grip things and I drop things easily.

Carpal or Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with carpal tunnel syndrome or tarsal tunnel syndrome.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your carpal tunnel syndrome or tarsal tunnel syndrome?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome And Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome - Causes Question: Did you develop carpal tunnel while pregnant, from computer use, or something else? Please discuss the cause.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome And Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome - Diagnosis Question: Describe the exams that led to a diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome. Did you think it was something else?