Patient Comments: Carpal or Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome - Experience

Please describe your experience with carpal tunnel syndrome or tarsal tunnel syndrome.

Comment from: shadow54, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 15

I have had bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome for over 2 years now. I am only 54 and went to have the surgery done but my blood pressure and heart rate were too high, so they would not do it. Things happened and the surgery money was needed for other things, and with no insurance I have been forced to find creative ways to ease the pain. I get a paraffin wax treatment kit at USD 40 at Walmart, and it really helps a lot! Secondly, try heating a small amount of lotion in the microwave and rub it on the wrists. Hope this helps!

Comment from: BellaBueaty, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

I have recently started research on carpal tunnel syndrome and I'm am about 99.9 percent sure this is my problem. I started working in a produce department in my place of work and I cut about 150 to 250lbs of fruit every day, among other things I must cut constantly to keep my department full. I have been there for about 8 months and have had severe numbness and pain for about 4 months and for past month and half or so the numbness and pain have also turned into those symptoms plus a severe burning feeling. It is very painful, feels like my skin is literally melting from the inside out like acid in my blood but only in my hands and fingers. It is very bad at night, and upon waking is when it seems to be the worst pain, and I can barely hold objects or do things in the morning such as normal simple things such as washing hair or washing myself in shower, sometimes takes me hour and half for hands to start to feel tolerable for most of the day. It does occur a lot while I am literally in the middle of cutting my fruit for my job and it is severe pain, unbearable at times and feel like I will get fired because I have not been able to do my job as quickly or do as much because of this numbness and burning, let alone barely being able to hold a knife I use to cut with.

Comment from: JBnID, 65-74 (Patient) Published: January 14

I suffered carpal tunnel syndrome for 7 years while building a house and working without relief. Braces on both hands at night allowed some sleep but became increasingly not enough. CTS was adversely affecting my life. January 3rd I went in for bi-lateral CTS release by endoscopic surgery. It's like a miracle! My hands are back! The day after surgery was less painful than the day before! Now, after a week, I'm pain free, sleep all night and have a new outlook on life.

Comment from: Ros, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 03

I have had carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) for some years now. It is worse when my thyroid medication needs adjusting. A poor thyroid function can be a cause. Get checked for hypothyroidism before considering surgery, as it does not always work as many have found. My chiropractor can also give lots of relief.

Comment from: sgoss, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 03

I am a 66 year old retired LVN (licensed vocational nurse) in the medical field. I am having severe pain in my hands from my wrist to my fingertips. The first and second joints of my fingers hurt and are swollen. I wake up if I try to close them when I am sleeping, or if I close them then I wake up when I open them.

Comment from: daisy, 45-54 (Patient) Published: May 14

I have numbness and burning due to carpal tunnel syndrome.

Comment from: mustafa, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: December 01

I have a pain in my middle two toes of my feet. The pain is not permanent. I also play football but I only feel this pain sometimes.

Comment from: Johny, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 21

Carpal tunnel syndrome hurts terribly and keeps me awake at night!

Carpal or Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome - Symptoms and Signs Question: What are your carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms and signs?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your carpal tunnel syndrome or tarsal tunnel syndrome?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome And Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome - Causes Question: Did you develop carpal tunnel while pregnant, from computer use, or something else? Please discuss the cause.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome And Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome - Diagnosis Question: Describe the exams that led to a diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome. Did you think it was something else?