Patient Comments: Carpal or Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome - Experience

Please describe your experience with carpal tunnel syndrome or tarsal tunnel syndrome.

Comment from: 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: August 12

I have just recently been diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome. My left pinky finger is continuously numb from this. I have been typing for school and I do not have any clue how to get rid of it other than immobilization.

Published: July 28

I don't have numbness or tingling in my wrists, but I have noticed (over a few months) that both wrists have a burning sensation if/when I make even the simplest movement. The pain/burning is on the outer part of my wrists and it doesn't always hurt, but it does a lot. I noticed it immediately if I turn my wrists inward.

Published: July 21

About a year ago I had surgery for carpal tunnel, now I'm experiencing bad pain and it seems that I have another little bump that is growing in the same wrist where I had my surgery. Could it be the same thing?

Published: June 23

I am a 42-year-old patient who suffers from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in which I had to be operated on a total off seven times. In my latest episode, my wrist bone, thumb and forefinger were tingling and always had numbness. During the night is when I feel the most pain. On many occasions, things fall out of my hand without me even knowing. Sometimes I feel like my entire hand is on fire and the pain gets UNBEARABLE.

Carpal or Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome - Symptoms and Signs Question: What are your carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms and signs?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your carpal tunnel syndrome or tarsal tunnel syndrome?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome And Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome - Causes Question: Did you develop carpal tunnel while pregnant, from computer use, or something else? Please discuss the cause.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome And Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome - Diagnosis Question: Describe the exams that led to a diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome. Did you think it was something else?