Patient Comments: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome And Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome - Causes

Did you develop carpal tunnel while pregnant, from computer use, or something else? Please discuss the cause.

Comment from: 850phx, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I have osteoporosis and had a Reclast injection about a month before I had very strong symptoms of carpal tunnel. I had surgery on my right hand right away and have minor symptoms on my left. I believe Reclast does bad things to your bones including making arthritis worse, and causes bone sprouts (on my right big toe one came out of nowhere just after the injection).

Comment from: wallace, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

I was told I had carpal tunnel at age 21 after my daughter was born. I'm now 44 and have lost all use of my thumbs on both hands. If you have been told you have carpal tunnel, get them fixed as soon as possible, don't wait till it's too late to fix.

Comment from: ola, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 09

I just delivered. The doctor said my carpal tunnel was because of pregnancy.

Carpal or Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with carpal tunnel syndrome or tarsal tunnel syndrome.
Carpal or Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome - Symptoms and Signs Question: What are your carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms and signs?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your carpal tunnel syndrome or tarsal tunnel syndrome?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome And Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome - Diagnosis Question: Describe the exams that led to a diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome. Did you think it was something else?