Patient Comments: Cardiac Catheterization - Cause

Question:What caused you to get your cardiac catheterization?

Comment from: Toni, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 05

About 5 or 6 years ago I had a triple bypass done. Since then I have had some chest pains, nothing too serious. Well two weeks ago I had chest pains, used my nitro spray. I had told my cardiologist and at first he was going to set up an appointment to have a nuclear scan done. Where I had to go was all booked up, so he is having me go through a cardiac catheter done this Thursday morning.

Comment from: Bill, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 30

I had a cardiac catheterization because I had a severe chest pain and a back pain that ran to both arms. The doctor removed a blockaged close to the heart.

Comment from: Faith Ruppel, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 12

It is my mom, she is having inability to breath normally after beginning to walk. After having an echocardiogram they realized that something appears to be blocking an artery...she had a triple bypass over a year ago where three arteries were opened up (2 successfully and 1 not as successful we were told).

Comment from: pge1975, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

I got my cardiac catheterization since I've been having chest pains and difficulty breathing for a while and had a nuclear treadmill stress test performed that came up abnormal.

Published: March 23

Discovery of a congenital heart defect. Needed the cardiac catheterization to map out all issues.

Comment from: heartache, 55-64 Female Published: March 01

I have had a few episodes of chest pain on the right side. I am a 58 year old female. I have a bad family history of heart disease, and I also have MCTD.

Comment from: Betty, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I had a stress test and it was abnormal because of my age and health my doctor thought it would be wise to have it done.

Cardiology Question: What was your experience during cardiac catheterization?
Cardiology Question: What happened during your recovery after cardiac catheterization?