Patient Comments: Carcinoid Syndrome - Life Change

What changes have you had to make to your routine since being diagnosed with carcinoid syndrome?

Comment from: Lutz, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 30

When I lay on my left side I feel like there is a lump right below ribcage. It's swollen and tender. I have flush symptoms and I have a bad coughing spell only once a day. I was having cramps in uterus area with some loose stools. Strange symptoms. I hope someone can help.

Comment from: Janey, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 03

I had a carcinoid tumor removed from my rectum in November, 2010, and another in September, 2011, and am having a third removed this week in May, 2012. I have the carcinoid syndrome, with all the symptoms listed, but this time I am so wiped-out. I am extremely tired. I am also, getting pretty tired of these "little surgeries." Will it ever end?

Carcinoid Syndrome - Signs and Symptoms Question: What were the signs and symptoms associated with your carcinoid tumor or syndrome?
Carcinoid Syndrome - Experience Question: What�s your biggest challenge with living with carcinoid syndrome?