Patient Comments: Carcinoid Syndrome - Signs and Symptoms

What were the signs and symptoms associated with your carcinoid tumor or syndrome?

Comment from: MZ, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

When I was 31 I had what I thought was an appendix attach and it turned out a carcinoid tumor had enlarged my appendix. All was removed but the cancer institute monitored me for a few years. I recently (now 54 years) have been experiencing flushing, constant constipation with lower right side pain. I will be getting my doctor to test for another carcinoid.

Comment from: Live well, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 28

Four years ago I got symptoms of carcinoid tumor, but doctors could not find it. My weight want down to 75 pounds and I was dying. My doctor put me on 150mg of testosterone a week and dose of estrogen and progesterone cream depending on the time of month. I was good for two years than he took me off and it all came back. Now I am back on everything and doing good. My weight is 140.

Comment from: Sidney, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: January 02

I was diagnosed with carcinoid syndrome in February 2012. I have had several procedures such as colonoscopy, endoscopy, liver biopsy and hepatic artery embolization. I am currently on lanreotide 120mg every 3 weeks. My main symptoms are facial flushing and strong itching all over. Apart from these symptoms I am well.

Carcinoid Syndrome - Experience Question: Describe your experience with carcinoid syndrome