Carcinoid Syndrome Index
A carcinoid tumor is a tumor that develops from enterochromaffin cells. The important characteristic of carcinoid tumors that sets them apart from other gastrointestinal tract tumors, is their potential to cause the carcinoid syndrome. Local symptoms may include:
However, often symptoms of the carcinoid syndrome can be more devastating than the local symptoms. There are many options for the treatment of carcinoid tumors and carcinoid syndrome.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Top 10 Cancers Quiz
Take this quiz to learn the causes of cancer. Get the facts about the causes, symptoms, and treatments for the world's most...learn more »
Diarrhea is a change is the frequency and looseness of bowel movements. Symptoms associated with diarrhea are cramping, abdominal...learn more »
In This Article
- Diarrhea facts
- What is diarrhea?
- What is the definition of diarrhea?
- What symptoms are associated with diarrhea?
- What are common causes of acute diarrhea?
- Traveler's diarrhea
- Viral gastroenteritis
- Bacterial enterocolitis
- Food poisoning
- What are common causes of chronic diarrhea?
- What kind of a doctor treats diarrhea?
- When should the doctor be called for diarrhea?
- How is the cause of diarrhea diagnosed?
- What home remedies help the symptoms of diarrhea?
- What medications are used to treat diarrhea?
- When should antibiotics be used for diarrhea?
- What are the complications of diarrhea?
- How can dehydration be prevented and treated?
- What about treatment of diarrhea in infants and young children?
- What about treating diarrhea in older children and adults?
Raynaud's phenomenon is characterized by a pale-blue-red sequence of color changes of the digits, most commonly after exposure to...learn more »
Night sweats are severe hot flashes that occur at night and result in a drenching sweat. In order to distinguish night sweats...learn more »
Heart disease (coronary artery disease) occurs when plaque builds up in the coronary arteries, the vessels that supply blood to...learn more »
In This Article
Heart Disease Article
- Heart (cardiovascular) disease definition and facts
- What is heart (cardiovascular) disease?
- Who is at risk for heart (cardiovascular) disease?
- What are the signs and symptoms of heart (cardiovascular) disease?
- What causes heart (cardiovascular) disease?
- How is heart (cardiovascular) disease diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for heart (cardiovascular) disease?
- What lifestyle changes can a person make to prevent further heart disease or heart attack?
- What is the medical treatment for heart (cardiovascular) disease?
- How many people have heart (cardiovascular) disease, and what is the
- Can cardiovascular disease be prevented?