Carcinoid Syndrome Index
A carcinoid tumor is a tumor that develops from enterochromaffin cells. The important characteristic of carcinoid tumors that sets them apart from other gastrointestinal tract tumors, is their potential to cause the carcinoid syndrome. Local symptoms may include:
However, often symptoms of the carcinoid syndrome can be more devastating than the local symptoms. There are many options for the treatment of carcinoid tumors and carcinoid syndrome.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Top 10 Cancers Quiz
Take this quiz to learn the causes of cancer. Get the facts about the causes, symptoms, and treatments for the world's most...learn more »
Diarrhea is a change is the frequency and looseness of bowel movements. Symptoms associated with diarrhea are cramping, abdominal...learn more »
In This Article
- Diarrhea facts
- What is diarrhea?
- What is the definition of diarrhea?
- What symptoms are associated with diarrhea?
- What are common causes of acute diarrhea?
- Traveler's diarrhea
- Viral gastroenteritis
- Bacterial enterocolitis
- Food poisoning
- What are common causes of chronic diarrhea?
- What kind of a doctor treats diarrhea?
- When should the doctor be called for diarrhea?
- How is the cause of diarrhea diagnosed?
- What home remedies help the symptoms of diarrhea?
- What medications are used to treat diarrhea?
- When should antibiotics be used for diarrhea?
- What are the complications of diarrhea?
- How can dehydration be prevented and treated?
- What about treatment of diarrhea in infants and young children?
- What about treating diarrhea in older children and adults?
Raynaud's phenomenon is characterized by a pale-blue-red sequence of color changes of the digits, most commonly after exposure to...learn more »
Night sweats are severe hot flashes that occur at night and result in a drenching sweat. In order to distinguish night sweats...learn more »
Heart failure (congestive) is caused by many conditions including coronary artery disease, heart attack, cardiomyopathy, and...learn more »
In This Article
Heart Failure Article
- Heart failure definition and facts
- What is heart failure?
- What are the different types of heart failure?
- What are heart failure symptoms and signs?
- What are the risk factors for heart failure?
- What causes heart failure?
- What are heart failure stages or classifications?
- How is heart failure diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for heart failure?
- What diet and lifestyle management techniques helps heart failure?
- What medications treat heart failure?
- What procedures or surgery treats heart failure?
- Which specialties of doctors treat heart failure?
- What are the potential complications of heart failure?
- What is the prognosis and life expectancy for a person with heart failure?
- Can heart failure be prevented?