Patient Comments: Canker Sores - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your canker sores?

Comment from: elise, Female (Patient) Published: September 08

My canker sores are strange. They typically occur in 2 places: under the tongue and inside the lower lip. I get a dozen of them at a time.

Comment from: Freddy, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 25

Biting my inner lip a lot leaves me with a very painful canker sore. I have been using a lot of different stuff but found washing my mouth with hydrogen peroxide is the fastest, cheapest and easiest way to get rid of them.

Comment from: Rick, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 22

I'm a 52 year old male, and for most of my 20s and 30s I suffered through getting two dozen or more canker sores a year. Some were extremely painful. I found that brushing my teeth and rinsing with salt water helped the pain for a while. I rarely get the sores now, maybe one a year. I found that several things probably helped cause my outbreaks: 1. I used to drink orange juice several times a week. 2. I took a lot of aspirin. 3. I had a lot of stress at work. I now drink OJ maybe once a week, I take Motrin instead of aspirin, and I'm now at a different job.

Comment from: bsalt, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I currently have 3 pea size canker sores on my tongue. They are yelow craters, kinda looks like a volcano with a large gaping hole in the middle. I also have 4 small white canker sores on the inside of my lip under my bottom teeth. My tongue is very swollen and I am in significant amount of pain. This is horrific! My tongue also has some deep open lines with red dots all around. My throat is sore and it is difficult to swallow.

Comment from: cankersoresymptom, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 24

About my canker sore. I get a recurring throbbing sore spot on the edge of the gum line next to one of my wisdom teeth whenever I eat and chew on certain raw vegetables and nuts, especially raw carrots, raw broccoli, raw garlic, soaked raw almonds, and raw basil.

Comment from: Wabwire, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 07

When I first got the canker sore, I didn't put much emphasis on it as I thought that I injured my gums while eating. After hurting me for two days, I went to a mirror and there at the extreme end of my lower jaw was a sore that was whitish in color. I visited your site and you helped me with treatment.

Canker Sores - Effective Treatments Question: Please describe what treatments have been effective for your canker sores.
Canker Sores - Topical Medications Question: What topical medications have been effective treatments for your canker sores?
Canker Sores - Oral Medications Question: Which medications have you tried for pain or to treat your canker sores? What would you recommend?
Canker Sores - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with canker sores.