Patient Comments: Cancer - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your cancer?

Comment from: mary, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: May 21

Thank you for the information I've read. My mom is now suffering from skin disorder for more than 2 years. It started to insect bites, and now as big as a palm like a blooming flowers in her chest. I have already brought in the hospital for medication, ointments and other medicine given. We are advised to visit the dermatologist for biopsy, due to financial problems, we failed. Now, she's just taking pain reliever (mefenamic acid) to less the pain. But more often she refuses because she's suffering from loss of hearing. She's now 84 years old. Please help advise what other remedies to cure her, since other symptoms of cancer I've seen to her. Thank you very much.

Comment from: cancerian, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 16

My father was suffering from acidity and gastric problem for quite some time. On going through ultrasound of whole abdomen some kind of cyst/tumors were detected in kidneys, lungs, liver and at GI junction. After two CT scans and FNAC of liver SOL it was detected that it was a squamous cell carcinoma, but after doing endoscopy esophagus and stomach was found clean.

Comment from: nanabelle, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

My cancer began as Cervical in 2006. After the birth of my last child in 1989 I made a stupid mistake and did not go for yearly pap smears, instead I waited 17 years and by this time I had waited too long. The first biopsy came back abnormal, the second biopsy the GYN overlooked and did not send to lab. After three months of me asking what results were I found I had cancer. After labwork confirmed, I had a radical hysterectomy mid-2006. Cancer continued to re-occur at each three month visit, numerous laser treatments until 5 year point, when Doctor said he felt I could now wait one year before returning. Within this time I also was diagnosed with Lung Cancer (I have never smoked) and it was by chance after having laser surgery on my cervix that this showed up on a chest X-ray. This was removed March 2010. Now three weeks ago, I went for my Cervical check and now I have a cancer tumor on my vaginal wall that has also gone into lymph nodes and possibly my bladder. I begin chemo and radiation within 10 days and have been told only 60 percent chance that this will rid me of cancer. I am very angry and scared to death. Please do not accept what you are told as truth, listen to your body and get second opinions, follow up yourself and believe in what your intuition is telling you. Remember the Doctor has other patients, family and things going on in his own life that could also potentially affect you. We are only another person lying on their table.

Comment from: Skin cancar, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 15

I have a scar on my right cheek from a large mole removed when I was three years old. It was itchy and the bumpy red part bled when scratched. Turns out it was Basal Cell Carcinoma.

Comment from: Hodgkins Survivor, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 16

Night sweats, pink eye, chicken pox and then shingles twice, yeast infections horrid rash that felt like acid on my skin when showering, anxiety attacks, sick all the time, insomnia. Then a lump developed on my neck-felt like a thumb sticking out of my neck! Thought I was losing my mind probably from the constant pain and total sleep deprivation. Luckily that lump came out on my neck. Biopsy showed Hodgkins Lymphoma. I had chemo and radiation and have been cancer free for 19 years.

Comment from: sheilanorthrop, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 05

My dad has been doctoring on a thumb that has been causing him a lot of pain for three years. He has been told many things, going from doctor to doctor. He went to the dermatologist our last resort and the doctor found cancer. Where we go from here, I'm not sure but it took so long.

Cancer - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with cancer.
Cancer - Diagnosis Question: What form of cancer do you have? How was it diagnosed? Please share your story.
Cancer - Prevention Question: With a goal of preventing cancer, describe the exams and tests you've had, like mammograms.
Cancer - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your cancer?