Patient Comments: Cancer - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your cancer?

Comment from: sheilanorthrop, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 05

My dad has been doctoring on a thumb that has been causing him a lot of pain for three years. He has been told many things, going from doctor to doctor. He went to the dermatologist our last resort and the doctor found cancer. Where we go from here, I'm not sure but it took so long.

Comment from: Randibluez14, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

I am 17 years old and in September of 2010 I went to the hospital for appendicitis. A week later my mom got a call from the doctor saying they found a tumor in the removed appendix and that I would need a 2nd surgery to make sure the cancer hadn't spread. Let's just say, I was freaking out. Cancer at my age is so rare. They said I'm the first case in my area in 5 years. So they did a 2nd surgery, to remove 20% of my colon and it has spread. 2 more tumors were in the lymph nodes they took. I have to go in for testing every few months. I did my first round of blood and urine testing this month. They looked clean. I just have to go back in a few months for my 2nd round. I'm very lucky they found it in time.

Cancer - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with cancer.
Cancer - Diagnosis Question: What form of cancer do you have? How was it diagnosed? Please share your story.
Cancer - Prevention Question: What steps have you taken to prevent cancer?
Cancer - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your cancer?