Patient Comments: Cancer - Diagnosis

What form of cancer do you have? How was it diagnosed? Please share your story.

Comment from: BERNIE C, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 13

After cataract surgery I had pain in the back of my neck that at first was thought to be arthritis. I went through bone scans, MRIs, PET scans, blood test, etc. The diagnosis of bone cancer and stage 4 at that scares me. I have been told that not all of the cancer was removed from the double mastectomy that I had, evidently some was left in the lymph nodes. So far I haven"t had many bad effect from the Zometa infusions which I receive every 4 weeks. Not knowing how much more to expect or how much longer I have to live is frightening.

Cancer - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with cancer.
Cancer - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your cancer?
Cancer - Prevention Question: With a goal of preventing cancer, describe the exams and tests you've had, like mammograms.
Cancer - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your cancer?