calcium supplements-oral Index
Learn about osteoporosis, a condition characterized by the loss of bone density, which leads to an increased risk of bone...learn more »
In This Article
- Osteoporosis facts
- What is osteoporosis?
- What are osteoporosis symptoms and signs?
- What are the consequences of osteoporosis?
- Why is osteoporosis an important public-health issue?
- What factors determine bone strength?
- What are osteoporosis risk factors and causes?
- What tests do health-care professionals use to diagnose osteoporosis?
- What types of specialists treat osteoporosis?
- Who should have bone density testing?
- What is the treatment for osteoporosis, and can osteoporosis be prevented?
- Exercise, quitting cigarettes, and curtailing alcohol
- Calcium supplements for osteoporosis
- Vitamin D for osteoporosis
- Can adding certain foods to one's diet help to prevent osteoporosis?
- Are there foods to avoid when it comes to osteoporosis?
- Hormone therapy (menopausal hormone therapy)
- Medications that prevent bone loss and breakdown
- Choosing an osteoporosis medication
- Prevention of osteoporosis due to long-term corticosteroids
- Monitoring osteoporosis therapy
- Prevention of hip fractures in elderly people with osteoporosis
- What are complications of osteoporosis?
- What is the prognosis (outlook) for patients with osteoporosis?
Pregnancy planning is an important step in preparation for starting or expanding a family. Planning for a pregnancy includes...learn more »
In This Article
Pregnancy Planning Article
- Pregnancy planning facts
- What is pregnancy planning?
- What are pre-pregnancy planning goals?
- What is a pregnancy calendar or calculator?
- How soon can a woman start trying to conceive after stopping birth control?
- What are dietary considerations for pregnancy planning?
- How much weight gain is recommended in pregnancy?
- What about alcohol consumption and pregnancy planning?
- What infections should be avoided in pregnancy?
- Should I exercise when pregnant?
- Is it safe to have sexual intercourse during pregnancy?
- Is air travel safe for pregnant women?
- Do medications need to be stopped when planning pregnancy or when a woman
In This Article
Primary Biliary Cirrhosis Treatment (PBC) Article
- PBC facts
- What treatments are used in patients with PBC?
- Ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA)
- Colchicine (Colcrys)
- Immunosuppressive medications
- Budesonide (Entocort)
- Azathioprine (Imuran)
- Cyclosporine (Sandimmune, Neoral, Gengraf)
- Methotrexate (Rheumatrex, Trexall)
- Obeticolic acid (Ocaliva)
- Cholestyramine (Questran) for itching
- Rifampin for itching
- Opiod antagonists for itching
- Charcoal hemoperfusion for itching
- Osteoporosis medications
- Treatment of elevated serum cholesterol and xanthomas
- Treatment of malabsorption of fat and fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E and K)
- Treatment of edema and ascites
- Treatment of bleeding from varices
- Treatment of hepatic encephalopathy
- Treatment of enlarged spleen
- Treatment of Sicca syndrome
- Treatment of Raynaud's phenomenon
- Treatment of scleroderma
- Treatment of gallstones
- Which specialties of doctors treat PBC?
- What is the role of liver transplantation in PBC?
- What is the future for PBC?