calamine lotion-topical Index
calamine and zinc oxide (Calamine Lotion) is a mixture of components used to relieve the itching and pain from poison oak, poison ivy, poison sumac, sunburns, and insect and bug bites. Side effects, drug interactions, dosage, and storage should be reviewed prior to using this medication.
The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different...learn more »
Anal itching is the irritation of the skin at the exit of the rectum, known as the anus, accompanied by the desire to scratch....learn more »
In This Article
Anal Itching Article
- Anal itching facts
- What is anal itching?
- What causes anal itching?
- What are additional symptoms associated with anal itching?
- What kind of doctor treats anal itching?
- How is the cause of anal itching diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for anal itching?
- Local anesthetics
- What if anal itching persists?
Shingles, or herpes zoster, is a painful rash caused by the varicella zoster virus. Other shingles symptoms include headache,...learn more »
Chiggers are a mite belonging to the Trombiculidae family. Chiggers are most commonly found in grassy fields, gardens, parks,...learn more »
Poison ivy, oak, and sumac contain a substance called urushiol, which causes a rash on people who come in contact with them....learn more »
In This Article
Poison Ivy Article
- Poison ivy, oak, and sumac facts
- What are poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac?
- What causes a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- What are risk factors for poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- What are symptoms and signs of a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- What types of doctors treat poison ivy, oak, and sumac rash?
- How do physicians diagnose poison ivy, oak, and sumac rashes?
- Are there any home remedies for a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- What is the treatment for a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- What is the prognosis of a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- Is it possible to prevent a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?