What other names is Caffeine known by?
1,3,7-trimethylxanthine, 1,3,7-triméthylxanthine, Anhydrous Caffeine, Cafeina, Caféine, Caféine Anhydre, Caféine Benzodate de Sodium, Caffeine Sodium Benzoate, Caffeine Anhydrous, Caffeine Citrate, Caffeinum, Citrate de Caféine, Citrated Caffeine, Methylxanthine, Méthylxanthine, Trimethylxanthine, Triméthylxanthine.
What is Caffeine?
Caffeine is a chemical. Caffeine containing products include coffee, tea, cola, guarana
, mate, and other sources.
- Headache, including migraine and headache following surgery.
Likely Effective for...
Possibly Effective for...
- Improving athletic performance.
- Preventing dizziness on standing up (orthostatic hypotension) in older people.
- Delaying the onset of Parkinson's disease.
- Preventing type 2 diabetes when consumed from coffee or tea.
- Breathing problems in infants.
- Preventing gallstones.
- Weight loss when given with other drugs.
- Headache after epidural anesthesia.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Treating attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Skin irritation, redness, and itching; improvement of exercise endurance; overdose; and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).