Patient Comments: CA 125 - Testing Experience

What was the outcome of your CA125 blood test?

Comment from: Anxiety, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 21

Test result showed CA125 as 790 which is very high and ultrasound showed a large cyst on the left ovary. But the doctor found it noncancerous after the surgery. This only shows that high CA125 with confirmed cyst does not necessarily mean cancer!

Comment from: Noona, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 09

I faithfully have gynecological checkups yearly. Six months after my checkup in 2014, I started getting low back ache and frequent urination. I returned to the doctor in July 2015. Ultrasound showed a 7 inch tumor. CA125 test was done immediately. The count was 2216! I had surgery within a week and six rounds of chemotherapy afterward. I have had 2 PET scans and CA125 tests have been done every 3 months. Readings have been 7 and 8. Stay positive, keep the faith!

Comment from: jim, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 08

My wife had a CA125 level of 32 in March after last round of chemotherapy, her 2nd bout of ovarian cancer. Recent test shows a level of 122 so we are concerned. She is scheduled for MRI and CT scan but doctors won't speculate until tests are done.

Comment from: Steph, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 06

When I was diagnosed in 2013 stage 1C my CA125 number was 21. I found out my cyst was cancer. Now my number is between 5.1 and 6.1. I don't even like that it is in the 6's this time. I did 6 rounds of chemotherapy.

Comment from: Carolelynn, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 27

I received my CA125 results today and not thrilled. I had stage 3 ovarian cancer, radial hysterectomy, and 18 rounds chemotherapy. At the time of surgery it was 1,291 and today's test was 9.5. I am upset since last time it was 7, 4.3 and now going up. You know what goes on in your mind. Plays a lot of tricks on you. I am just hopeful.

Comment from: Caroldee, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: July 14

I just had a CMA125 test by a gynecologist and my count is 60, double what it should be. I have to see a cancer doctor. I am worried it might mean cancer.

Comment from: Dee, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 20

I started out thinking I had a bladder infection. It wasn't. The doctor ordered a CT and it showed a 6 cm mass/cyst. I'm having surgery next Wednesday. My gynecologist order the CA-125 and said if it was high another surgeon would be doing the surgery. My CA-125 showed a 32. The doctor doesn't seem to like that number. He likes to see a 10. He consulted with the other surgeon and he was instructed to go ahead with the planned surgery but I'm a little worried that it will be cancer.

Comment from: Rae, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I was having trouble with child's pose in yoga. Ultra sound revealed fluid in my abdominal cavity. CT scan showed stage 3C ovarian cancer. CA 125 was 1350. I had major surgery on May 12, 2014, bowel resection, bladder and everything out. It was fallopian tumor. After first round of 6 chemotherapies every 3 weeks CA 125 was 7.5. In June 2015 CA 125 was 71 and CT scan revealed some small areas in abdomen. I was started on chemotherapy, but levels rose to 500. I was switched to Gemzar and Avastin, CA 125 is now 16 and I will have CT scan tomorrow. My doctor said not to get too involved with CA 125, but rather how I feel and what scan reveals.

Ca 125 - Results Question: Share your experience with your CA 125 test results.