Patient Comments: CA 125 - Testing Experience

What was the outcome of your CA125 blood test?

Comment from: Cystral, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 23

I just had a CA125 marker coming back 11. However pelvic ultrasound shows left ovary 4.5 cm x 2.5 cm with the walls of uterus having abnormal lining. I am going to see the oncologist to have total hysterectomy, am worried they may find cancer. I have no symptoms.

Comment from: kac, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 11

My mom had ovarian cancer. She has been in remission but we went back for a checkup and her CA125 has gone up from 7 to 49. Her doctor gave her chemotherapy pills to take but nothing is showing on the CT scans at all.

Comment from: Steffie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 14

I was diagnosed with inherited breast cancer in 2013 (the mutated chromosome on BRCA 1 was confirmed in 2015) and had a rare tumor. My oncologist has since ordered regular checkups via blood test and full body CTs. They came back clear so far. This week I had the yearly checkup for my ovaries and the gynecologist was concerned to find a 33 mm mass on my right ovary which looked like a cyst. She ordered straight away a CA125 blood test which came back today at 23. Since the value last year was 26, and the oncologist seemed extremely relaxed about it, I'm not really worried. For now my mind is at rest.

Comment from: Anxiety, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 21

Test result showed CA125 as 790 which is very high and ultrasound showed a large cyst on the left ovary. But the doctor found it noncancerous after the surgery. This only shows that high CA125 with confirmed cyst does not necessarily mean cancer!

Comment from: Noona, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 09

I faithfully have gynecological checkups yearly. Six months after my checkup in 2014, I started getting low back ache and frequent urination. I returned to the doctor in July 2015. Ultrasound showed a 7 inch tumor. CA125 test was done immediately. The count was 2216! I had surgery within a week and six rounds of chemotherapy afterward. I have had 2 PET scans and CA125 tests have been done every 3 months. Readings have been 7 and 8. Stay positive, keep the faith!

Comment from: tammy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 08

My CA125 is 10.90, I don't know what that means. I have a 7 cm tumor on my ovary that is growing and they can't find left ovary.

Comment from: jim, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 08

My wife had a CA125 level of 32 in March after last round of chemotherapy, her 2nd bout of ovarian cancer. Recent test shows a level of 122 so we are concerned. She is scheduled for MRI and CT scan but doctors won't speculate until tests are done.

Comment from: Steph, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 06

When I was diagnosed in 2013 stage 1C my CA125 number was 21. I found out my cyst was cancer. Now my number is between 5.1 and 6.1. I don't even like that it is in the 6's this time. I did 6 rounds of chemotherapy.

Ca 125 - Results Question: Share your experience with your CA 125 test results.