Patient Comments: CA 125 - Testing Experience

What was the outcome of your CA125 blood test?

Comment from: Carolelynn, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 27

I received my CA125 results today and not thrilled. I had stage 3 ovarian cancer, radial hysterectomy, and 18 rounds chemotherapy. At the time of surgery it was 1,291 and today's test was 9.5. I am upset since last time it was 7, 4.3 and now going up. You know what goes on in your mind. Plays a lot of tricks on you. I am just hopeful.

Comment from: Dee, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 20

I started out thinking I had a bladder infection. It wasn't. The doctor ordered a CT and it showed a 6 cm mass/cyst. I'm having surgery next Wednesday. My gynecologist order the CA-125 and said if it was high another surgeon would be doing the surgery. My CA-125 showed a 32. The doctor doesn't seem to like that number. He likes to see a 10. He consulted with the other surgeon and he was instructed to go ahead with the planned surgery but I'm a little worried that it will be cancer.

Comment from: Rae, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I was having trouble with child's pose in yoga. Ultra sound revealed fluid in my abdominal cavity. CT scan showed stage 3C ovarian cancer. CA 125 was 1350. I had major surgery on May 12, 2014, bowel resection, bladder and everything out. It was fallopian tumor. After first round of 6 chemotherapies every 3 weeks CA 125 was 7.5. In June 2015 CA 125 was 71 and CT scan revealed some small areas in abdomen. I was started on chemotherapy, but levels rose to 500. I was switched to Gemzar and Avastin, CA 125 is now 16 and I will have CT scan tomorrow. My doctor said not to get too involved with CA 125, but rather how I feel and what scan reveals.

Comment from: Kim, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 11

I had a right mastectomy with tram flap reconstruction and left breast reduction 15 years ago. I had sentinel node involvement and removal of 12 clear nodes. I had CA125 tests 6 monthly and no one noticed it creeping up slowly a degree a time. I began having quite severe lower back pain and feeling extremely tired about the same time daily early evening. I had pelvic ultra sound and discovered ovarian mass. It was stage 3, I had pelvic clearance and CA125 only reached low 20s. Everyone is different, but I regularly request tests as it is obviously a very quiet indicator in my case. As a foot note I have just climbed this year from 9 to 10. I am just a tad concerned.

Comment from: Marg, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 11

I had a CA125 reading at the start of my cancer of 8,319. I had an ovarian operation and today finished my 6th cycle of chemotherapy. My CA125 count is now 25. I will still will have ongoing treatment but I feel I now have hope for the future.

Comment from: Lwebbie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I've got CA125 level of 35. My transvaginal ultra sound showed two small growths and cysts in the lining of my womb.

Comment from: Nikky, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I have had a CA125 blood test, the first one's result was 50, and 6 weeks later it was 129. They have fast tracked me to see a gynecologist as it maybe cervical or ovarian cancer. I am stressed to death and alongside this my ferritin is only 8. I am worried if this means I have cancer.

Ca 125 - Results Question: Share your experience with your CA 125 test results.