Patient Comments: CA 125 - Testing Experience

What was the outcome of your CA125 blood test?

Comment from: B, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

In July of 2012 my CA 125 test was 1275. I had a full hysterectomy and six month of chemo. Each month the numbers were cut in half. Now, three months later, my number is 17 – yay! Best of luck to all.

Comment from: lola, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

My CA 125 test was 39. I am waiting for an ultrasound scan. I have had back pain and pain in my groin, also my tummy swells up. I'm worried sick.

Comment from: Maria Cristina, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 16

First I had pain in my left side and the doctor found a solid mass. He thought it was by the ovary, next the CA125 result was elevated to 103. I had surgery to remove the solid mass and thedoctor found fallopian tube cancer not cancer on the ovary. After surgery CA125 showed 76.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 28

On Aug. 15, my CA 125 was 45 and on Sept. 15, a second CA 125 came in at 85. Through ultrasounds, I'm being monitored for some cysts on my right ovary that have been growing, shrinking, or remaining the same over the past year. However, until now, my CA 125 has always been in the normal range. I'm following up with my OBGYN, but unfortunately, I have to postpone my IVF treatment until I get some solid answers on what is really going on.

Comment from: Why Me?, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 25

I had an elevated CA 125 test result of 76, and after an internal ultrasound, a mass was found on my right ovary. I am having a laparoscopy in five days and a biopsy during the procedure will determine whether the mass is malignant and needs to be removed. I am 28, have not yet had children, and already have infertility issues. I'm worried that the 12-month usage of Clomid resulted in cancer and further infertility.

Comment from: coach, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 26

My CA 125 score was a 114. I have a cyst that is 16 by 14 centimeters. I am seeing a specialist on Wednesday.

Comment from: denise, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 22

I went to the ER with horrible abdominal pain. CT scan and ultrasound showed a mass on my ovary. I was given a CA 125 test that came back at 755. I was scared to death. I was sent to an oncologist and told I needed the mass removed and biopsied. It was not cancer but severe endometriosis.

Comment from: Yellowrose, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 29

I was having occasional shooting pain or sometimes pressure on my lower right side, approximately where the ovary is. The ultrasound showed thickening of the endometrial lining, but it did not show my right ovary. I had a hysteroscopy, laparoscopy, and D and C. There was a small endometrial polyp that was removed. Because of severe adhesions due to previous surgeries, the doctor could not see my right ovary with a laparoscopy. I have cervical stenosis also. I had a CA125 of 43. My doctor said to repeat it in a month. My doctor thinks the pain is due to adhesions. We're still concerned since we can't see my right ovary.

Comment from: lacrossemom, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 17

CA 125 was 59 (December 2009). This test was run when I entered the ER and diagnosed with 2 blood clots to my leg and several blood clots in each lung. I have been to my gynecologist and had a pelvic exam as well as an internal ultrasound. I have bilateral cysts on the ovaries. I have had my period for a solid month. My age is 48. I was referred to a gynecological oncologist and he ordered a repeat internal ultrasound. Surgery is indicated, however, I will be going to my gynecologist this week for an endometrial biopsy. I have since chosen to change doctors and will see my new doctor the end of March. Hoping results aren't too bad.

Ca 125 - Results Question: Share your experience with your CA 125 test results.