Patient Comments: CA 125 - Testing Experience

What was the outcome of your CA125 blood test?

Comment from: butterfly_bunnies, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 23

My journey started about three years ago. I had lots of pain in my lower back and near my ovaries. I had three opinions before I found a doctor who listened to me. I had ultrasounds that showed one of my ovaries enlarged to about the size of an orange. After watching it and having many ultrasounds, my doctor said we should do a hysterectomy. When the ovary was biopsied it was stage 3. I went through six months of chemo and 18 treatments. I was good for two years. Then my CA125 results starting climbing and went up to 129, so I had six more rounds of chemo and my CA125 is at 10. I will be checked again in three months. Someone needs to find a cure.

Comment from: B, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

In July of 2012 my CA 125 test was 1275. I had a full hysterectomy and six month of chemo. Each month the numbers were cut in half. Now, three months later, my number is 17 – yay! Best of luck to all.

Comment from: lola, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

My CA 125 test was 39. I am waiting for an ultrasound scan. I have had back pain and pain in my groin, also my tummy swells up. I'm worried sick.

Comment from: Maria Cristina, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 16

First I had pain in my left side and the doctor found a solid mass. He thought it was by the ovary, next the CA125 result was elevated to 103. I had surgery to remove the solid mass and thedoctor found fallopian tube cancer not cancer on the ovary. After surgery CA125 showed 76.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 28

On Aug. 15, my CA 125 was 45 and on Sept. 15, a second CA 125 came in at 85. Through ultrasounds, I'm being monitored for some cysts on my right ovary that have been growing, shrinking, or remaining the same over the past year. However, until now, my CA 125 has always been in the normal range. I'm following up with my OBGYN, but unfortunately, I have to postpone my IVF treatment until I get some solid answers on what is really going on.

Comment from: Why Me?, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 25

I had an elevated CA 125 test result of 76, and after an internal ultrasound, a mass was found on my right ovary. I am having a laparoscopy in five days and a biopsy during the procedure will determine whether the mass is malignant and needs to be removed. I am 28, have not yet had children, and already have infertility issues. I'm worried that the 12-month usage of Clomid resulted in cancer and further infertility.

Comment from: coach, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 26

My CA 125 score was a 114. I have a cyst that is 16 by 14 centimeters. I am seeing a specialist on Wednesday.

Comment from: denise, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 22

I went to the ER with horrible abdominal pain. CT scan and ultrasound showed a mass on my ovary. I was given a CA 125 test that came back at 755. I was scared to death. I was sent to an oncologist and told I needed the mass removed and biopsied. It was not cancer but severe endometriosis.

Comment from: Yellowrose, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 29

I was having occasional shooting pain or sometimes pressure on my lower right side, approximately where the ovary is. The ultrasound showed thickening of the endometrial lining, but it did not show my right ovary. I had a hysteroscopy, laparoscopy, and D and C. There was a small endometrial polyp that was removed. Because of severe adhesions due to previous surgeries, the doctor could not see my right ovary with a laparoscopy. I have cervical stenosis also. I had a CA125 of 43. My doctor said to repeat it in a month. My doctor thinks the pain is due to adhesions. We're still concerned since we can't see my right ovary.

Ca 125 - Results Question: Share your experience with your CA 125 test results.