Patient Comments: CA 125 - Testing Experience

What was the outcome of your CA125 blood test?

Comment from: denise, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 22

I went to the ER with horrible abdominal pain. CT scan and ultrasound showed a mass on my ovary. I was given a CA 125 test that came back at 755. I was scared to death. I was sent to an oncologist and told I needed the mass removed and biopsied. It was not cancer but severe endometriosis.

Comment from: Yellowrose, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 29

I was having occasional shooting pain or sometimes pressure on my lower right side, approximately where the ovary is. The ultrasound showed thickening of the endometrial lining, but it did not show my right ovary. I had a hysteroscopy, laparoscopy, and D and C. There was a small endometrial polyp that was removed. Because of severe adhesions due to previous surgeries, the doctor could not see my right ovary with a laparoscopy. I have cervical stenosis also. I had a CA125 of 43. My doctor said to repeat it in a month. My doctor thinks the pain is due to adhesions. We're still concerned since we can't see my right ovary.

Comment from: lacrossemom, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 17

CA 125 was 59 (December 2009). This test was run when I entered the ER and diagnosed with 2 blood clots to my leg and several blood clots in each lung. I have been to my gynecologist and had a pelvic exam as well as an internal ultrasound. I have bilateral cysts on the ovaries. I have had my period for a solid month. My age is 48. I was referred to a gynecological oncologist and he ordered a repeat internal ultrasound. Surgery is indicated, however, I will be going to my gynecologist this week for an endometrial biopsy. I have since chosen to change doctors and will see my new doctor the end of March. Hoping results aren't too bad.

Comment from: Rose, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

Mine was only 33 but I had stage 2 be careful.

Comment from: mona, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 22

I am 40 now, my CA125 has been always above 35 for the past 10 years, 10 years ago I had a cyst which was septated and I did follow up with it, they told me it was benign, after that I had a baby then the cyst disappeared but my CA125 is still 38.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 25

My mother-in-law is 48yrs old when we had this CA 125 test done the results were 30% and the normal value mentioned was 0-37 exactly what is the result is she suffering from cancer.

Comment from: 45-54 Female Published: February 22

My first CA125 was 5500 which then reduced to 2500 then my last one was 800. I have just finished my 6th round of chemo and am about to have another scan and CA125 test.

Comment from: OVC Patient, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 15

My CA125 was 111. I had double ovarian cancer at age 30 and had to have a hysterectomy.

Comment from: rob, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 02

My wife has been diagnosed with stage 4 Ovarian Cancer, her CA 125 count was 3500. The doctors have found a large mass on her ovaries and she has been placed on a chemotherapy treatment program. We found out today that her next CA125 test was 11000, after the first cycle of chemo it has reduced to 4000, unfortunately she is allergic to some of the chemo drugs and cannot have the more effective drug but it does show how that the drugs can help.

Ca 125 - Results Question: Share your experience with your CA 125 test results.