Patient Comments: Ca 125 - Results

Share your experience with your CA 125 test results.

Comment from: A2nA2, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

CA 125 before surgery was 32. Mass was intact with no cancer on the outside. Level was 65 after surgery with surgical spill. Dropped to 25 after first chemotherapy and 10 after second chemotherapy.

Comment from: NancyV,, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 18

I am a 42 year old woman who received a CAT scan 3 weeks ago due to a fall and concussion. The scan showed a meningioma tumor on the right side that a neurosurgeon wants to take a wait and see approach. I had an MRI just for more information on this tumor and discovered a 2nd small 3 mm tumor in pituitary. Again the doctor dismissed the findings. I went for blood work before my physical and my CA 125 results are 60! Blood platelets are high. Now waiting to add to blood work for hormone level. I got a 2nd MRI on pituitary and waiting for results. I am concerned but no one else is. I had many health issues prior, loss of weight, sight, vertigo, etc.

Comment from: Linda V, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

I was diagnosed with Stage 4 ovarian cancer four years ago. After 5 visits to my doctor who gave me antibiotics for a urinary tract infection (UTI) and said I might have irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), no scans were done, I ended up in the emergency room (ER). I did 6 months of chemotherapy (every 3 weeks) and my CA-125 went from 9,816 to 20. Two years later my CA-125 test results began to rise and finally even though the number was only 56, a CT scan was done and showed some activity. I did chemotherapy again for 4 months, every 3 weeks. I have been on infusions of Avastin for more than 3 years to try to stop the cancer. Now my numbers are rising (95), but I had a perfectly clear PET very recently. I have a call in to my doctor, but waiting is excruciating.

Comment from: Mieke, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

I had a mastectomy just over 6 years ago. Recently my CA125 moved up to 95. I had a hysterectomy 30 years ago and still had my ovaries. They were removed and were clean. I had another blood test done today and hope to have the result tomorrow. I hope that the result will be normal.

Comment from: Sam, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 06

CA 125 levels can vary in each and every one of us. Some people can have a reading of 200 and be fine with no given signs of cancer. This can be due to the fact that lots of other medical conditions can increase the levels within our body. My mum had her levels measured at over 3,000 when she was first diagnosed with ovarian cancer, they have since been as low as 65 and again as high as 2,800. Her oncologist has never based progress or success of treatment solely on this marker.

Comment from: Bellishy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

My CA 125 was 133 and I did not have cancer.

Comment from: plaporta, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 06

I wonder if anyone has ever heard of a level of 750,000 in CA 125 test results. My friend's levels are consistently going higher but no one I know of has had levels this high.

CA 125 - Testing Experience Question: What was the outcome of your CA125 blood test?