Patient Comments: Ca 125 - Results

Share your experience with your CA 125 test results.

Comment from: Mieke, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

I had a mastectomy just over 6 years ago. Recently my CA125 moved up to 95. I had a hysterectomy 30 years ago and still had my ovaries. They were removed and were clean. I had another blood test done today and hope to have the result tomorrow. I hope that the result will be normal.

Comment from: Sam, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 06

CA 125 levels can vary in each and every one of us. Some people can have a reading of 200 and be fine with no given signs of cancer. This can be due to the fact that lots of other medical conditions can increase the levels within our body. My mum had her levels measured at over 3,000 when she was first diagnosed with ovarian cancer, they have since been as low as 65 and again as high as 2,800. Her oncologist has never based progress or success of treatment solely on this marker.

Comment from: lisazg, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 05

My mother was diagnosed with stage 4b endometrial cancer in September. Her CA 125 was 167 before surgery. She had a full hysterectomy in September and is on her third cycle of chemotherapy. Her CA125 is now 16. I am hoping it continues to go down and stay down. This has been a devastating ordeal. I'm hoping to find more success stories as we are trying to stay positive.

Comment from: catlover123, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 29

My CA125 was always in the normal range, but yet I had a rare form of ovarian cancer. The CT scan showed a cyst on my ovary as well as on my colon. The CA125 that I had done before this last one was a 5 and now this last test showed it went up to 8. Don't know whether to be concerned or not as the last CT scan showed nothing.

Comment from: Jodi, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 20

Six years ago I was diagnosed with ovarian cysts. I had surgery in which they took 95% of my left ovary and 5% of the right. A recent lower back MRI revealed that I once again have cysts. My transvaginal ultrasound revealed a large "mass" on my right ovary. The radiologist could not definitively say if it is a tumor or a cyst. So today I am going to have a CA 125 test done. From the posts I've read on here, I'm very confused. My Grandmother had ovarian cancer(which she miraculously survived)long before I was born, so I am also very scared.

Comment from: concerned daughter, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 13

Hi, my Mom has just been diagnosed with Stage 3C Ovarian Cancer. Her CA 125 levels were over 1000. She has a myriad of other health problems so immediate surgery is not an option for us. We are going with low grade chemotherapy to shrink her mass and then possibly surgery. I am trying to learn all I can about this.

Comment from: scared, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 18

I have 2 large cyst. one on each overy. one is 13cm and the other a bit smaller. ca-125 level is 35 and I have been refer to a cancer doctor. I dont know what this means. 2 doctors have said they dont think its cancer. I am confused

CA 125 - Testing Experience Question: What was the outcome of your CA125 blood test?