Patient Comments: Ca 125 - Results

Share your experience with your CA 125 test results.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 24

I have an ovarian cyst on both ovaries. The left one is bigger than the right one. I have done the CA 125 test and my point is 256.

Comment from: Mlunje, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 24

At age 32 in summer of 2009 I started having really bad cramps when on my menstrual period. I went the emergency room several times but they always told me nothing life threatening. In October 2009 my fiance took me to another local emergency room where they did a CT scan of my abdominal and found a very large cyst on my left ovary. They then referred me to an oncologist OBGYN. My CA 125 level was only at 24. They did not believe it to be cancer but wanted to remove my ovary and have it tested. It tested to be stage one cancer. I did chemo right away and now I am in remission with a ca 125 of 10. Thank God it was only stage one and my fiance for forcing me to go to another hospital. Please if you feel something is not right get it checked until they find an answer. We know our bodies and don't just stop at one place if you feel more is wrong than what they tell you. I am 25year old with a family history of ovarian cancer. I have the same exact symptoms as you!!! my ca 125 is 13.1 (taken yesterday) but since I have no kids I will keep my ovaries and uterus intact. I will be begining my hormonal treatment in 2 weeks time. Keep your fingers crossed for me :)

Comment from: Berry, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 24

My Doctor found a cyst on my left ovary last fall. It was described as big and ugly. Then they watched it for a month and rechecked the big ugly cyst. It was smaller, but had grown a new one. I have had severe back pain, weight gain, (that had never been a problem) bloating, nausea and heavy periods. I am now 47. I have a strong family history of colon cancer. I see all these values for what a normal CA-125 is or could be but nothing adds up. Some women say theirs test was high at 8. Others not so worried at value of 45. I read on this site, anything under 35 was normal. But my CA-125 ran last week came back at 80. I understand that it is not terribly reliable, but I do have cysts. The pain is all the time and the running to the rest room is ridiculous.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

I am 56 years old. When I was 25 I had a hysterectomy due to a clotted uterus. My doctor said my cervix looked like hamburger meat. They also found out I had cervical cancer in the early stages, no chemo needed they left one ovary. In 2006 they found a tumor in my right lung and had the top lobe removed none small cell, it had not gone into my lymph system, no chemo needed. Now I have a mass on my ovary a large cyst. I had the 125 test done. The results say 6 (<21-) do not know how to read this result.

Comment from: Windfallz, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 25

My CA-125 has increased from 5.6 to 8.2 following my 24 month check-up for Ovarian Cancer.

Comment from: MC, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 24

My CA 125 test first came back with a count over 5,000, in 2005. I had surgery and have been doing chemo on and off since. My count is now at over 2,200.

Comment from: lynnie50, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 18

I was diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer back in June of 2010 and had 2 major surgeries, and it's been a year and 1 month since I had my surgeries and I now have had another blood test a CA 125 to check my tumor level and it went from 9 to anything over 35 not good, but its only at 49 only went over 35 a little bit should I be concerned or not/ age 52 I am healthy as an ox and all my vital signs that they keep taking are excellent, so now what.

CA 125 - Testing Experience Question: What was the outcome of your CA125 blood test?