Patient Comments: Ca 125 - Results

Share your experience with your CA 125 test results.

Comment from: Sue in Michigan, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 05

My mass was found during a CT scan because I was having frequent UTI's. 14 cm mass. My CA 125 was 500 before my total hysterectomy. I had the best kind of cancer I could get, I guess because the malignancy was totally encapsulated and I did not have to have chemo or radiation. I go in every 3 months for a check up and the CA 125. So far my levels have been under 15. Without that CT scan I would have never known about the mass. My oncologist keeps me informed and is awesome.

Comment from: jgcorpex4, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 05

My friend had a CA 125 drawn this week after they discovered "spots" on her liver and pancreas during a chest X-ray. The liver biopsy showed ovarian cancer cells. A scan showed cancer cells on her liver, pancreas, spleen, intestines, and ovaries but they are not sure where the cancer originated. Her CA 125 is 3,000!? She will have a biopsy of female parts on Monday. We are trying to learn more about all this.

Comment from: Louisiana Survivor, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 17

In 1999 my CA125 reading was only 16, but I had a large cyst and at 49, the doctor felt I should have it removed. Thinking that there was no cancer with such a small reading, he assured me it was a routine hysterectomy. But the cyst broke when being removed. When the pathology report came in, I had first stage ovarian cancer. After 7 months of chemo, my CA125 reading has been steady at 1.5. For the last three years the number has increased slightly every year. This year it is at 4.5. My doctor is not concerned, but I am so on edge with this increase every year.

Comment from: sunshinenic, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: December 06

My mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer just over 18 months ago. She was rushed to the hospital for an emergency operation and had her ovaries removed, de-bulking of the bowel, etc. This was the first time I had heard of CA125 markers. She has had 3 lots of Chemo. She went into remission for just 3 months. No more Chemo was suggested. Her CA125 markers have gone from 200 to 490 in just 6 weeks. Her Specialist has said there is nothing else he can do. Her GP is now monitoring her and has just suggested going in to see him when she is not well. She seems quite well but a little weak. I am not sure how long we have her for, but am making each day count. Still not sure how far these markers can go?

Comment from: DinkyDi, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 26

I have just found out an hour ago that my CA 125 is up to 85. I am worried. I have the BRACA 2 gene and strong history of Breast Cancer and Bowel Cancer. Now I have to go through the weekend and wait until next week to speak to the doctor and what is going to happen. I trust the doctor is going to do whatever he can to delay me having another child to a halt, but...

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 24

I have an ovarian cyst on both ovaries. The left one is bigger than the right one. I have done the CA 125 test and my point is 256.

Comment from: Mlunje, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 24

At age 32 in summer of 2009 I started having really bad cramps when on my menstrual period. I went the emergency room several times but they always told me nothing life threatening. In October 2009 my fiance took me to another local emergency room where they did a CT scan of my abdominal and found a very large cyst on my left ovary. They then referred me to an oncologist OBGYN. My CA 125 level was only at 24. They did not believe it to be cancer but wanted to remove my ovary and have it tested. It tested to be stage one cancer. I did chemo right away and now I am in remission with a ca 125 of 10. Thank God it was only stage one and my fiance for forcing me to go to another hospital. Please if you feel something is not right get it checked until they find an answer. We know our bodies and don't just stop at one place if you feel more is wrong than what they tell you. I am 25year old with a family history of ovarian cancer. I have the same exact symptoms as you!!! my ca 125 is 13.1 (taken yesterday) but since I have no kids I will keep my ovaries and uterus intact. I will be begining my hormonal treatment in 2 weeks time. Keep your fingers crossed for me :)

CA 125 - Testing Experience Question: What was the outcome of your CA125 blood test?