Patient Comments: Ca 125 - Results

Share your experience with your CA 125 test results.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I was diagnosed with breast cancer 12 years ago. I was diagnosed with ovarian/fallopian tube cancer a year ago and was given one month. I went through a rough year with chemo. My CA125 got down to 17, three months ago, but last month the CA125 was at 225. Now I am putting my affairs in order.

Comment from: KSR1857, 55-64 (Patient) Published: April 02

I had a CA 125 done and the result was 580. A CT / PET scan was done and I had a mass on both ovaries. One was the size of a golf ball, the other the size of an ostrich egg. I had pleural fluid in my right cavity and a collapsed lung. The doctor wanted to give me chemotherapy to shrink the masses prior to surgery. I declined. Three days prior to surgery my CA 125 was up to 705. They ended up removing the masses after draining pleural cavity. It turns out that I had Meigs' syndrome. One month after surgery my CA 125 was 57 and falling.

Comment from: Sue in Michigan, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 05

My mass was found during a CT scan because I was having frequent UTI's. 14 cm mass. My CA 125 was 500 before my total hysterectomy. I had the best kind of cancer I could get, I guess because the malignancy was totally encapsulated and I did not have to have chemo or radiation. I go in every 3 months for a check up and the CA 125. So far my levels have been under 15. Without that CT scan I would have never known about the mass. My oncologist keeps me informed and is awesome.

Comment from: jgcorpex4, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 05

My friend had a CA 125 drawn this week after they discovered "spots" on her liver and pancreas during a chest X-ray. The liver biopsy showed ovarian cancer cells. A scan showed cancer cells on her liver, pancreas, spleen, intestines, and ovaries but they are not sure where the cancer originated. Her CA 125 is 3,000!? She will have a biopsy of female parts on Monday. We are trying to learn more about all this.

Comment from: Louisiana Survivor, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 17

In 1999 my CA125 reading was only 16, but I had a large cyst and at 49, the doctor felt I should have it removed. Thinking that there was no cancer with such a small reading, he assured me it was a routine hysterectomy. But the cyst broke when being removed. When the pathology report came in, I had first stage ovarian cancer. After 7 months of chemo, my CA125 reading has been steady at 1.5. For the last three years the number has increased slightly every year. This year it is at 4.5. My doctor is not concerned, but I am so on edge with this increase every year.

Comment from: sunshinenic, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: December 06

My mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer just over 18 months ago. She was rushed to the hospital for an emergency operation and had her ovaries removed, de-bulking of the bowel, etc. This was the first time I had heard of CA125 markers. She has had 3 lots of Chemo. She went into remission for just 3 months. No more Chemo was suggested. Her CA125 markers have gone from 200 to 490 in just 6 weeks. Her Specialist has said there is nothing else he can do. Her GP is now monitoring her and has just suggested going in to see him when she is not well. She seems quite well but a little weak. I am not sure how long we have her for, but am making each day count. Still not sure how far these markers can go?

Comment from: DinkyDi, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 26

I have just found out an hour ago that my CA 125 is up to 85. I am worried. I have the BRACA 2 gene and strong history of Breast Cancer and Bowel Cancer. Now I have to go through the weekend and wait until next week to speak to the doctor and what is going to happen. I trust the doctor is going to do whatever he can to delay me having another child to a halt, but...

CA 125 - Testing Experience Question: What was the outcome of your CA125 blood test?