Patient Comments: Ca 125 - Results

Share your experience with your CA 125 test results.

Comment from: lisazg, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 05

My mother was diagnosed with stage 4b endometrial cancer in September. Her CA 125 was 167 before surgery. She had a full hysterectomy in September and is on her third cycle of chemotherapy. Her CA125 is now 16. I am hoping it continues to go down and stay down. This has been a devastating ordeal. I'm hoping to find more success stories as we are trying to stay positive.

Comment from: catlover123, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 29

My CA125 was always in the normal range, but yet I had a rare form of ovarian cancer. The CT scan showed a cyst on my ovary as well as on my colon. The CA125 that I had done before this last one was a 5 and now this last test showed it went up to 8. Don't know whether to be concerned or not as the last CT scan showed nothing.

Comment from: Jodi, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 20

Six years ago I was diagnosed with ovarian cysts. I had surgery in which they took 95% of my left ovary and 5% of the right. A recent lower back MRI revealed that I once again have cysts. My transvaginal ultrasound revealed a large "mass" on my right ovary. The radiologist could not definitively say if it is a tumor or a cyst. So today I am going to have a CA 125 test done. From the posts I've read on here, I'm very confused. My Grandmother had ovarian cancer(which she miraculously survived)long before I was born, so I am also very scared.

Comment from: concerned daughter, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 13

Hi, my Mom has just been diagnosed with Stage 3C Ovarian Cancer. Her CA 125 levels were over 1000. She has a myriad of other health problems so immediate surgery is not an option for us. We are going with low grade chemotherapy to shrink her mass and then possibly surgery. I am trying to learn all I can about this.

Comment from: scared, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 18

I have 2 large cyst. one on each overy. one is 13cm and the other a bit smaller. ca-125 level is 35 and I have been refer to a cancer doctor. I dont know what this means. 2 doctors have said they dont think its cancer. I am confused

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I was diagnosed with breast cancer 12 years ago. I was diagnosed with ovarian/fallopian tube cancer a year ago and was given one month. I went through a rough year with chemo. My CA125 got down to 17, three months ago, but last month the CA125 was at 225. Now I am putting my affairs in order.

Comment from: KSR1857, 55-64 (Patient) Published: April 02

I had a CA 125 done and the result was 580. A CT / PET scan was done and I had a mass on both ovaries. One was the size of a golf ball, the other the size of an ostrich egg. I had pleural fluid in my right cavity and a collapsed lung. The doctor wanted to give me chemotherapy to shrink the masses prior to surgery. I declined. Three days prior to surgery my CA 125 was up to 705. They ended up removing the masses after draining pleural cavity. It turns out that I had Meigs' syndrome. One month after surgery my CA 125 was 57 and falling.

Comment from: Sue in Michigan, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 05

My mass was found during a CT scan because I was having frequent UTI's. 14 cm mass. My CA 125 was 500 before my total hysterectomy. I had the best kind of cancer I could get, I guess because the malignancy was totally encapsulated and I did not have to have chemo or radiation. I go in every 3 months for a check up and the CA 125. So far my levels have been under 15. Without that CT scan I would have never known about the mass. My oncologist keeps me informed and is awesome.

CA 125 - Testing Experience Question: What was the outcome of your CA125 blood test?