CA 125 Index
CA 125 is a protein, and a tumor marker or biomarker. CA 125 is present in greater concentration in ovarian cancer cells than in other cells. CA stands for cancer antigen. Increases in CA 125 can also occur with malignant tumors of the Fallopian tubes, lining of the uterus, lung, breast, and gastrointestinal track. Benign conditions such as infections of the abdomen, chest, menstruation, endometriosis, benign tumors of the ovaries, and liver disease can also raise CA 125.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Picture of Pancreas
Front View of the Pancreas. The pancreas is about 6 inches long and sits across the back of the abdomen, behind the stomach. See...learn more »
Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled, sac-like structures within an ovary. Symptoms of an ovarian cysts may be:
Pain in the belly...learn more »
In This Article
Ovarian Cysts Article
- Ovarian cysts definition and facts
are the ovaries
and how big are they?
- What are ovarian cysts?
- What signs and symptoms are caused by ovarian cysts?
- What are the symptoms of a ruptured ovarian cyst?
- What causes, and what are the types of ovarian cysts?
- Can ovarian cysts cause cancer?
- What are the risks of ovarian cysts during pregnancy?
- Can a woman get ovarian cysts during peri-, or postmenopause?
- How are ovarian cysts diagnosed?
- How can the physician decide if an ovarian cyst is dangerous?
- What is the treatment for ovarian cysts?
- What about surgery for ovarian cysts?
- Which specialties of doctors treat ovarian cysts?
- What is the prognosis for a woman with ovarian cysts?
- Can ovarian cysts be prevented?
Lung cancer kills more men and women than any other form of cancer. Eight out of 10 lung cancers are due to tobacco smoke. Lung...learn more »
Though uterine cancer's cause is unknown, there are many factors that will put a woman at risk, including being over age 50,...learn more »
In This Article
Uterine Cancer Article
- Uterine cancer facts*
- What is endometrial cancer?
- What are risk factors for endometrial cancer?
- What are signs and symptoms of endometrial cancer?
- What tests and procedures diagnose endometrial cancer?
- What factors affect prognosis and treatment options for uterine cancer?
- How is uterine cancer staging determined?
- How does cancer spread in the body?
- Cancer may
spread from where it began to other parts of the body.
- What are the stages of endometrial cancer?
- What is recurrent endometrial cancer?
- What are treatment options for endometrial cancer?
- What are new types of treatment being tested in uterine cancer clinical trials?
- What are clinical trials?
- Patients can enter clinical trials before, during, or after starting their
- What follow-up tests may be needed after treatment of endometrial cancer?
- What are uterine cancer treatment options by stage?
- What are treatment options for recurrent endometrial cancer?
There are many types of ovarian cancer, epithelial carcinoma is the most common. Women with a family history of ovarian cancer...learn more »
In This Article
Ovarian Cancer Article
- Ovarian cancer facts
- What is ovarian cancer?
- Epithelial ovarian cancer (EOC)
- Ovarian low malignant potential tumor (OLMPT; borderline tumor)
- Germ cell ovarian cancers
- Stromal ovarian cancers
- What are ovarian cancer statistics?
- What are ovarian cancer risk factors?
- What are ovarian cancer symptoms and signs?
- How is ovarian cancer diagnosed?
- How is ovarian cancer staging determined?
- What is the treatment for ovarian cancer?
- What is the survival rate and prognosis of ovarian cancer?
- Can ovarian cancer be prevented?
- How does one cope with ovarian cancer?
Pancreatic cancer is a malignant tumor of the pancreas. Pancreatic cancer has been called a "silent" disease because early...learn more »
In This Article
Pancreatic Cancer Article
- Pancreatic cancer facts
- What does a pancreas do?
- What is cancer?
- What is pancreatic cancer and its types?
- What are pancreatic cancer causes and risk factors?
- What are pancreatic cancer symptoms and signs?
- How is the diagnosis of pancreatic cancer made?
- How is pancreatic cancer staged?
- What is the treatment for resectable pancreatic cancer?
- What is the treatment for locally advanced unresectable pancreatic cancer?
- What is the treatment for metastatic pancreatic cancer?
- What are the side effects of pancreatic cancer treatment?
- What is the survival rate with pancreatic cancer?
- What research is being done on pancreatic cancer?
- Is complimentary or alternative medicine effective in pancreatic cancer treatment?
- Is it possible to prevent pancreatic cancer?
- Where can people get support when coping with pancreatic cancer?
- Where can people find additional information about pancreatic cancer?
Breast cancer is an invasive tumor that develops in the mammary gland. Breast cancer is detected via mammograms, breast...learn more »