Patient Comments: C-Reactive Protein Test (CRP) - Testing

Question:What were the results of your C-Reactive Protein Test (CRP)?

Comment from: steph, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

My CRP (C-reactive protein) results were 0.1. I have not heard back from my doctor yet but I think this is a good result.

Comment from: J Crawford, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 21

C-reactive protein level was 2, very low. I have bronchiectasis.

Comment from: rajesh s., 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 23

My friend is on ventilator for the last 14 days. His CRP (C-reactive protein) is 247.5, LDH is 538H and creatine kinase (CK) is 195H. Other lab reports are normal. There is no other clinical history of any problem.

Comment from: classic, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

My C reactive protein was 10.50 and also the ESR was 45. I would like to have an idea of the meaning or possibilities of what this could mean. I get restless easily and get tired most of the time I feel weak. I am not sure if these results are related to my symptoms. I have been to several doctors and they don't seem to know what is wrong. I also had a hemi colectomy two years ago which seems to be have been the beginning of my health problems.

Comment from: cpmodem, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 03

I was on blood pressure and cholesterol medications and take insulin for my diabetes (19 years). I was overweight and my health was declining, so I finally decided to make some positive changes in my life, once and for all. Two years ago I quit eating grains and refined and processed foods. I now eat all of the meat, good fats, and vegetables I can hold plus some low glycemic high anti-oxidant fruits, nuts, and seeds. I have lost and kept off 80lbs of fat (mostly visceral). I got off my cholesterol and blood pressure/heart rhythm medications and now have blood pressure in the 90/55 range and all my blood lipids are in the very good range. My hs-CRP is 0.08 mg/dl. I also reduced my insulin resistance by over 300%.

Comment from: Susie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 27

I am a 64 year old woman with C-reactive protein slightly above optimal range at 1.14.

Comment from: vicki, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 31

My result of C-reactive protein Test (CRP) was 11.4 mg/L. I don't know if that is good or bad, it just says high.

Comment from: francaise2, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 27

I take cholesterol lowering medications; cholesterol is really under control, under 161 total and LDL is 86. I have been told that I do not have high blood pressure but my cardio CRP levels are 67, that's right, 67. I can't believe it. I do suffer from osteoarthritis perhaps that could explain the high CRP. I sure hope so as I don't see a remedy to lower it. This was my third test in one year and the highest, the lowest was 0.7 followed by 7.9 and now this last one at 67.

Comment from: s. gupta, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: May 19

C-reactive protein is 42. My age is 85, I have no previous heart disease and no diabetes. My blood pressure is 140/70.

Comment from: forserial, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

In April my C-Reactive Protein Test (CRP) was 0.1 mg/L (normal is <5). Today, 5 months later, it's at 9.4 mg/L.

Comment from: marisa, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 12

My C - reactive protein test came back with a 2% and my doctor said it was a good result. I have been taking cholesterol drugs for the last 20 years and I asked him if I would be able to get off them. He told me to go off for 6 months and he would revaluate. My HDL is 80, but my LDL goes to 200. My total is always high around 300.

C-Reactive Protein - Test Question: Did a C-reactive protein test diagnose your cardiovascular condition? Please explain.