Patient Comments: C-Reactive Protein Test (CRP) - Testing

Question:What were the results of your C-Reactive Protein Test (CRP)?

Comment from: classic, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

My C reactive protein was 10.50 and also the ESR was 45. I would like to have an idea of the meaning or possibilities of what this could mean. I get restless easily and get tired most of the time I feel weak. I am not sure if these results are related to my symptoms. I have been to several doctors and they don't seem to know what is wrong. I also had a hemi colectomy two years ago which seems to be have been the beginning of my health problems.

Comment from: cpmodem, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 03

I was on blood pressure and cholesterol medications and take insulin for my diabetes (19 years). I was overweight and my health was declining, so I finally decided to make some positive changes in my life, once and for all. Two years ago I quit eating grains and refined and processed foods. I now eat all of the meat, good fats, and vegetables I can hold plus some low glycemic high anti-oxidant fruits, nuts, and seeds. I have lost and kept off 80lbs of fat (mostly visceral). I got off my cholesterol and blood pressure/heart rhythm medications and now have blood pressure in the 90/55 range and all my blood lipids are in the very good range. My hs-CRP is 0.08 mg/dl. I also reduced my insulin resistance by over 300%.

Comment from: francaise2, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 27

I take cholesterol lowering medications; cholesterol is really under control, under 161 total and LDL is 86. I have been told that I do not have high blood pressure but my cardio CRP levels are 67, that's right, 67. I can't believe it. I do suffer from osteoarthritis perhaps that could explain the high CRP. I sure hope so as I don't see a remedy to lower it. This was my third test in one year and the highest, the lowest was 0.7 followed by 7.9 and now this last one at 67.

Comment from: s. gupta, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: May 19

C-reactive protein is 42. My age is 85, I have no previous heart disease and no diabetes. My blood pressure is 140/70.

Comment from: forserial, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

In April my C-Reactive Protein Test (CRP) was 0.1 mg/L (normal is <5). Today, 5 months later, it's at 9.4 mg/L.

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

C-reactive protein was 4.67.

Comment from: marisa, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 12

My C - reactive protein test came back with a 2% and my doctor said it was a good result. I have been taking cholesterol drugs for the last 20 years and I asked him if I would be able to get off them. He told me to go off for 6 months and he would revaluate. My HDL is 80, but my LDL goes to 200. My total is always high around 300.

Comment from: gwamma, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 23

I continue to have an elevated CRP of 8.8. My total cholesterol is 114. All other values are excellent. I take a small dose of Crestor three times a week (5mg). All routine blood work is normal. I am 70 years old, and the only other risk factor I have is that I am 40 pounds overweight. This concerns me, but my physician doesn't think anything of it.

Comment from: Mr Smith, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 20

Mine was 167 down from 220 and the doctor said that he would not worry until it reached 2000.

Comment from: double H, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

I had several blood tests a couple of weeks ago all fine except my CRP level was raised, no one has told me what it was but I am to get retested next week. I am tired most of the time and often my limbs aches and I get swollen glands in my neck. Feeling down and fed up now.

C-Reactive Protein - Test Question: Did a C-reactive protein test diagnose your cardiovascular condition? Please explain.