Patient Comments: C-Reactive Protein Test (CRP) - Testing

Question:What were the results of your C-Reactive Protein Test (CRP)?

Comment from: bob, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 27

All blood work came back fine. Except elevated c protein is 6.7 Plus my blood pressure is up to 186/86. I don't know why.

Comment from: sherrill, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: November 27

I recently went to the E.R. with severe back pain, and after an M.R.I. I was told I had a torn back muscle. And now I find with my blood tests, that I have a high C-Reactive Protein of 125, and my doctor said it should be around 77. I have a doctors appointment in the morning to discuss what could be the cause of my high C.R.P.

Comment from: RT, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 21

I had a CRP Test today and it came back at 235.74 mg/l. Supposedly this is due to a urinary tract infection and should return to normal after the antibiotics take effect.

Comment from: jmandml, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 27

My test results were 0.17mg/dl.

Comment from: flower, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 05

I am a 61 year old female and my C-reactive protein is 28. I have had an elevation since I have been 40. None of the doctors can figure this out. My general health is good.

Comment from: hammie1, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 20

My CRP was 10. I was put on Simvastatin as my cholesterol numbers were slightly elevated. Three months later all cholesterol numbers were normal. Did not repeat CRP.

Comment from: kumar, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 31

My c-reactive protein level is 1.16mg/ml. I'm suffering from body pains for two years and high blood pressure for the last 5 months.

Comment from: gman2315, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 25

I had skin cancer surgery and 2 days later had a general blood test. All my numbers were fine except The C-Reactive protein number- It came in at 69! I am being re-tested in 3 months.

Comment from: mistymarie, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 26

My C-Reactive Protein Test read 110mg/L and the doctor told me it was an infection and to wait it out. A year later, I still have the same problem, so I am getting another blood test and changing doctors. I have a feeling it could be due to an arthritis condition because of the swelling in my knees.

C-Reactive Protein - Test Question: Did a C-reactive protein test diagnose your cardiovascular condition? Please explain.