Patient Comments: C-Reactive Protein Test (CRP) - Testing

Question:What were the results of your C-Reactive Protein Test (CRP)?

Comment from: forserial, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

In April my C-Reactive Protein Test (CRP) was 0.1 mg/L (normal is <5). Today, 5 months later, it's at 9.4 mg/L.

Comment from: marisa, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 12

My C - reactive protein test came back with a 2% and my doctor said it was a good result. I have been taking cholesterol drugs for the last 20 years and I asked him if I would be able to get off them. He told me to go off for 6 months and he would revaluate. My HDL is 80, but my LDL goes to 200. My total is always high around 300.

Comment from: gwamma, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 23

I continue to have an elevated CRP of 8.8. My total cholesterol is 114. All other values are excellent. I take a small dose of Crestor three times a week (5mg). All routine blood work is normal. I am 70 years old, and the only other risk factor I have is that I am 40 pounds overweight. This concerns me, but my physician doesn't think anything of it.

Comment from: vicki, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 31

My result of C-reactive protein Test (CRP) was 11.4 mg/L. I don't know if that is good or bad, it just says high.

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

C-reactive protein was 4.67.

Comment from: Mr Smith, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 20

Mine was 167 down from 220 and the doctor said that he would not worry until it reached 2000.

Comment from: double H, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

I had several blood tests a couple of weeks ago all fine except my CRP level was raised, no one has told me what it was but I am to get retested next week. I am tired most of the time and often my limbs aches and I get swollen glands in my neck. Feeling down and fed up now.

Comment from: bob, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 27

All blood work came back fine. Except elevated c protein is 6.7 Plus my blood pressure is up to 186/86. I don't know why.

Comment from: sherrill, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: November 27

I recently went to the E.R. with severe back pain, and after an M.R.I. I was told I had a torn back muscle. And now I find with my blood tests, that I have a high C-Reactive Protein of 125, and my doctor said it should be around 77. I have a doctors appointment in the morning to discuss what could be the cause of my high C.R.P.

Comment from: RT, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 21

I had a CRP Test today and it came back at 235.74 mg/l. Supposedly this is due to a urinary tract infection and should return to normal after the antibiotics take effect.

Comment from: jmandml, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 27

My test results were 0.17mg/dl.

Comment from: flower, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 05

I am a 61 year old female and my C-reactive protein is 28. I have had an elevation since I have been 40. None of the doctors can figure this out. My general health is good.

Comment from: hammie1, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 20

My CRP was 10. I was put on Simvastatin as my cholesterol numbers were slightly elevated. Three months later all cholesterol numbers were normal. Did not repeat CRP.

C-Reactive Protein - Test Question: Did a C-reactive protein test diagnose your cardiovascular condition? Please explain.