Patient Comments: C-Reactive Protein Test (CRP) - Testing

Question:What were the results of your C-Reactive Protein Test (CRP)?

Comment from: francaise2, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 27

I take cholesterol lowering medications; cholesterol is really under control, under 161 total and LDL is 86. I have been told that I do not have high blood pressure but my cardio CRP levels are 67, that's right, 67. I can't believe it. I do suffer from osteoarthritis perhaps that could explain the high CRP. I sure hope so as I don't see a remedy to lower it. This was my third test in one year and the highest, the lowest was 0.7 followed by 7.9 and now this last one at 67.

Comment from: s. gupta, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: May 19

C-reactive protein is 42. My age is 85, I have no previous heart disease and no diabetes. My blood pressure is 140/70.

Comment from: forserial, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

In April my C-Reactive Protein Test (CRP) was 0.1 mg/L (normal is <5). Today, 5 months later, it's at 9.4 mg/L.

Comment from: marisa, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 12

My C - reactive protein test came back with a 2% and my doctor said it was a good result. I have been taking cholesterol drugs for the last 20 years and I asked him if I would be able to get off them. He told me to go off for 6 months and he would revaluate. My HDL is 80, but my LDL goes to 200. My total is always high around 300.

Comment from: gwamma, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 23

I continue to have an elevated CRP of 8.8. My total cholesterol is 114. All other values are excellent. I take a small dose of Crestor three times a week (5mg). All routine blood work is normal. I am 70 years old, and the only other risk factor I have is that I am 40 pounds overweight. This concerns me, but my physician doesn't think anything of it.

Comment from: vicki, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 31

My result of C-reactive protein Test (CRP) was 11.4 mg/L. I don't know if that is good or bad, it just says high.

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

C-reactive protein was 4.67.

Comment from: Mr Smith, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 20

Mine was 167 down from 220 and the doctor said that he would not worry until it reached 2000.

Comment from: double H, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

I had several blood tests a couple of weeks ago all fine except my CRP level was raised, no one has told me what it was but I am to get retested next week. I am tired most of the time and often my limbs aches and I get swollen glands in my neck. Feeling down and fed up now.

Comment from: bob, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 27

All blood work came back fine. Except elevated c protein is 6.7 Plus my blood pressure is up to 186/86. I don't know why.

Comment from: sherrill, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: November 27

I recently went to the E.R. with severe back pain, and after an M.R.I. I was told I had a torn back muscle. And now I find with my blood tests, that I have a high C-Reactive Protein of 125, and my doctor said it should be around 77. I have a doctors appointment in the morning to discuss what could be the cause of my high C.R.P.

Comment from: RT, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 21

I had a CRP Test today and it came back at 235.74 mg/l. Supposedly this is due to a urinary tract infection and should return to normal after the antibiotics take effect.

C-Reactive Protein - Test Question: Did a C-reactive protein test diagnose your cardiovascular condition? Please explain.