In this Article
diarrhea, fatigue, itching, and possibly other side effects.
Butterbur products that contain the pyrrolizidine alkaloids are UNSAFE. These chemicals can damage the liver, lungs, and blood circulation, and possibly cause cancer. Do not use butterbur products unless they are certified and labeled as free of PAs that cause liver damage.
Butterbur products theoretically might cause allergic reactions in people who are allergic to ragweed, marigolds, daisies, and other related herbs.
Do not take butterbur if:
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions