Patient Comments: Burns (First Aid) - Experience

What type of burn did you experience?

Comment from: Adminhr, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 23

Four weeks ago, I burned the bottom of my forearm, half way between my wrist and elbow. The next day I had a half dollar size blister, which I left alone as far as possible. It popped several days later. The whole burn gradually healed, except for the half dollar size blistered area. It itches and I try to gently rub the skin around the actual wound. However, it still oozes a but at that location. The skin is also bumpy on that location. I'm wondering if I have a deep skin infection or is it still just the healing process!

Comment from: Jack, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 14

Put wood in fire stove and burn my hand. Outward skin not damaged but three months later I can still feel a burning sensation from the tips of my fingers to the back of my hand.

Comment from: babygirl, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

I burned my shin on the exhaust pipe of a motorcycle. It is about the size of a soft ball maybe a bit bigger. It is "weeping" and I cannot put hardly any pressure on my foot and leg to walk. It is blistering up but some of the skin has just separated off. It is weird on top of painful.

Comment from: Patricia, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

I burned my hand on our wood burning stove. The burn is located between my wrist and thumb. It's not a large area, probably a square inch in size. After reading about burns, I'm quite sure I have mostly a 2nd degree burn and one very small area is a 3rd degree burn. I am keeping Neosporin on it, but I'm not sure if I should be covering it with a band aid. I am covering it because it's still quite sore and any clothing touching it is bothersome.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 01

Your remedies for burned fingers did help. I'm just thankful I found this page. I have a bad steam burn from the microwave. Thanks for the tips. I'd also like to say this helped my anxiety level also. it was really interesting learning about how bad my burn was by reading burns on certain body parts and learning what 1st, 2nd, etc. burns were. Thank you!

Comment from: Jills, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 27

I was burned by a firework on the bottom of my foot and on the side of my leg. I have not seen a doctor yet I am getting worried about my leg. It was black when it first got burned and has not healed much. Now it is white with a red raised border around it.

Comment from: dumbamateurrocketeer, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: March 12

I was recently making an ethanol rocket, with a plastic 2 liter bottle and lemon extract as the ethanol fuel. I created a gap of nothing but air and very stupidly stuck my lighter into the neck of the bottle, igniting it and burning my first finger, and the webbing at the base of my second and third fingers. It's red, and the skin is constricted slightly, but there is no blistering as of about an hour or so. It hurts only intermittently. Is this simply a major first degree burn or a minor second degree burn? Use caution with amateur science please!

Comment from: Steve, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 21

Second degree burn to my lower thigh. Stupidly wearing shorts and touched hot exhaust on the lawn mower.

Comment from: Sue, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 06

My son has burns to his legs and feet. The bottom of his feet are 3rd degree and the area on top of his feet and ankles are 2nd degree. Then going up to his knees are first degree. He's in a burn unit right now receiving care, after having walked through a fire.

Burns - Treatment Question: What kind of treatment did you receive for your burn? What part or how much of your body was affected?
Electrical Burns - Experience Question: Have you or someone you know suffered an electrical shock and/or burns? Please describe your experience.
Chemical Burns - Experience Question: Did you suffer a chemical burn? Please describe what happened.