Patient Comments: Chemical Burns - Experience

Did you suffer a chemical burn? Please describe what happened.

Comment from: Onita Waheed, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 16

I need to know what the best home remedy might be to soothe the burning of this 2nd degree burn all over my scalp due to Bigen Semi-Permanent Hair Color in jet black that I applied to my hair last week. I washed my hair, following the directions on the product. Then I applied the dye, as instructed, allowing the dye to remain in my hair for 15 minutes. After that, I washed my hair with olive oil shampoo, then towel-dried it. I set my hair on rollers the first night, but felt some itching. The next day, I felt some serious burning, so went to a large university hospital, where I was diagnosed with second-degree burns on my scalp. I was released and given some Bacitracin zinc antibiotic ointment (OTC) as well as some oxycodone and acetaminophen. But my scalp is still severely burning, as well as not healing.

Burns (First Aid) - Experience Question: What type of burn did you experience?
Burns - Treatment Question: What kind of treatment did you receive for your burn? What part or how much of your body was affected?
Electrical Burns - Experience Question: Have you or someone you know suffered an electrical shock and/or burns? Please describe your experience.