Patient Comments: Burning Mouth Syndrome - Helpful Tips

Please share self-care tips for dealing with burning mouth syndrome.

Comment from: Deb, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

I am menopausal and have had burning mouth syndrome on and off for several years. Dentist and family doctor didn"t know what it was and tried several things. No medications but after doing my own research, I found that peppermint chewing gum helped the most. I pretty much chew it all day and it makes it bearable till it runs its course and finally subsides.

Comment from: indig0, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

I have read that alpha lipoic acid helps with burning mouth syndrome. I kept myself up all night annoyed by the sensation. I"m going to buy this supplement today and test it out - at least there is some hope.

Comment from: kathy, 65-74 Female Published: July 23

my tounge is sore and coated burns when i drink or eat.what can be done to help

Burning Mouth Syndrome - Signs and Symptoms Question: Describe the signs and symptoms associated with your burning mouth syndrome.
Burning Mouth Syndrome - Treatment Question: What types of treatment did you receive for burning mouth syndrome?
Burning Mouth Syndrome - Causes Question: If known, what was the cause of your burning mouth syndrome?