Patient Comments: Burning Mouth Syndrome - Signs and Symptoms

Describe the signs and symptoms associated with your burning mouth syndrome.

Comment from: Rose48, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I have had burning mouth syndrome for the last 15 year or so. I have seen many doctors and tried all kind of medications but nothing helped. They gave creams, and now I'm on Apo-amitriptyline. I have only been on it for a few days. I'm a 65 year old mom, aside from the burning mouth I'm pretty healthy. My mouth burns so bad at time I have to drink cold water; it burns more at night.

Comment from: lady in distress, Female Published: July 11

I developed BMS in February 2013, not sure what was wrong. I went to the doctor and had all kinds of test and there was no allergies nor low levels of vitamins. I was put on a sleeping medication and a migraine preventative and then BMS occurred. No med's work, need help!

Burning Mouth Syndrome - Treatment Question: What types of treatment did you receive for burning mouth syndrome?
Burning Mouth Syndrome - Causes Question: If known, what was the cause of your burning mouth syndrome?
Burning Mouth Syndrome - Helpful Tips Question: Please share self-care tips for dealing with burning mouth syndrome.