- Cosmetic Dentistry: Before and After Pictures
- Teeth Whitening Secrets Slideshow Pictures
- Take the Dental Health Quiz
- Patient Comments: Burning Mouth Syndrome - Signs and Symptoms
- Patient Comments: Burning Mouth Syndrome - Treatment
- Patient Comments: Burning Mouth Syndrome - Causes
- Patient Comments: Burning Mouth Syndrome - Helpful Tips
- Find a local Doctor in your town
- Burning mouth syndrome facts*
- What is burning mouth syndrome?
- What are burning mouth syndrome symptoms and signs?
- How is burning mouth syndrome diagnosed?
- What causes primary and secondary burning mouth syndrome?
- What is the treatment for burning mouth syndrome?
- What are helpful tips for coping with burning mouth syndrome?
To help ease the pain of BMS, sip a cold beverage, suck on ice chips, or chew sugarless gum.
Avoid irritating substances, such as...
- Hot, spicy foods
- Alcoholic beverages
- Mouthwashes that contain alcohol
- Products high in acid, such as citrus fruits and juices
Ask your dentist and doctor for other helpful tips.
"Burning Mouth Syndrome." National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research. July 2014. <http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/oralhealth/Topics/Burning/