Patient Comments: Bruises - Frequency

Do you get bruises more frequently than others? Do you know why (disease, condition, medication related)?

Comment from: daisiescan, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 14

I have always bruised easily, but I have always bumped the area so I knew there would be a bruise on its way soon. But in the last few months I have been waking up in the morning with multiple bruising everywhere on legs and arms. Sometimes small as the tip of my finger or sometimes as big as my entire hand. I have also woken up to my legs from knees down, all red with welt like bumps in center of redness. After two days the swelling and welts left, turning them into bruises. I woke up the other morning with very sore ribs, a few days later a bruise did appear on my ribs. I have no clue what this can be caused from, I have gone to the doctor, who sent me for one set of basic blood test which has shown nothing irregular. He says it's nothing and that some people just bruise easier than others. I would accept this but this has just progressed worse in the last couple of months.

Comment from: shawn, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

I have been off of coumadin for over six weeks. I had a knee replacement. My question to you is I am brusing a lot more now.

Comment from: Discouraged, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

I have been noticed bruising for the past three months, more so on the extremities, without cause or injury. I also have a few patches of scattered petechiae on my abdomen as well. I am concerned, as I live alone, but recently learned that my son, daughter-in-law, daughter, mother, and father are noticing bruising without cause as well. I am an RN and am well aware that this is not normal. Is there a virus, fungus, or bacteria that is contagious causing blood vessels to erupt without injury? I am very concerned.

Bumps And Bruises - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your bumps and bruises?
Bruises - Slow Healing Question: Do you bruise easily and are they slow to heal? Please share your experience and concerns.