Patient Comments: Acute Bronchitis - Experience

Please describe your experience with acute bronchitis.

Comment from: Dave1246, Male (Patient) Published: June 02

I have almost constant, violent coughing with wheezing or rattling in my chest. I cough so hard to get the mucous up but it wears me down trying. I am on 4 medicines including an inhaler, Z-Pak, prednisone and cough syrup. I can"t sleep. This bronchitis really wears you down and I"m only into day 3. I am not a smoker but very high pollen counts here in Charleston, South Carolina. I am hoping for a little rain to clear the air. I hope this helps someone who has this. Get up as much as you can. Drink a lot of fluids. Hot tea with a little lemon and honey seems to help.

Comment from: Snowy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

My acute bronchitis started with a sudden onset of sore throat, difficulty in swallowing and just feeling punky. The annoying coughing soon followed while everything else continued, with a low grade fever too. By day 4 to 5 a visit to the doctors was needed to rule out strep throat. I continued with treatment for each symptom. The barking cough with phlegm, was going nowhere but the painful sore throat did subside after about 7 days. Getting sleep at night was number one priority. With cough medicine, cough suppressant, inhalers and lozenges, slowly improvement is seen.

Acute Bronchitis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with acute bronchitis, and how long did they last?
Acute Bronchitis - Treatments Question: What treatments were effective for your case of bronchitis?
Acute Bronchitis - Risk Factors Question: What risk factors do you have for acute bronchitis?
Acute Bronchitis - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have you found helpful for the symptoms of acute bronchitis?
Acute Bronchitis - Complications Question: What complications did you experience with acute bronchitis?