Table of Contents
- Acute bronchitis facts
- Acute bronchitis definition
- What is, and what are the causes of acute bronchitis?
- What are the symptoms of acute bronchitis?
- What are the risk factors for acute bronchitis?
- Is acute bronchitis contagious?
- How is acute bronchitis diagnosed?
- What treatments are there for acute bronchitis?
- Acute bronchitis home remedies
- Acute bronchitis medications
- When should I contact my doctor about acute bronchitis?
- What are the possible complications of acute bronchitis?
Quick GuideBronchitis Pictures Slideshow
Acute bronchitis medications
The following medication(s) may be helpful for individuals with acute bronchitis.
- Cough suppressants
- NSAIDs and/or acetaminophen
- Antibiotic(s); only if indicated by a suspected or diagnosed bacterial cause
- Caution: check with a pediatric doctor before use of drugs in young children Continue Reading
CDC. Adult Treatment Guidelines: Upper Respiratory Tract Infections.
Medscape.com. Pediatric Bronchitis.
NIH. Management of uncomplicated acute bronchitis in adults.
3. Getty Images
10. Getty Images
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Allergy and Asthma Newsletter